My DV331Agw/xxa stops heating only a few seconds after the flame comes on.
I checked and found that the flame is very big, basically touching the flame tunnel wall, so it triggered the high-heat thermostat.
Is the flame supposed to be this big? I checked the burner does not have any carbon deposit or anything. What controls the flame strength? I already opened the air intake window on the flame tube to biggest, and tried turning down the intake gas outside the dryer
Thanks, but this is factory state, the burner, pipes etc inside the dryer was never touched. so the orifices you mentioned are SUPPOSED to be correct, as the DV331AGW factory state is for natural gas and my gas supply is natural gas.
now I suspect that the valve is malfunctioning now, after 8 years of use. I tried to adjust the regulator screw counter-clockwise (which reduces the outlet pressure), but the flame does not seem to decrease noticeably. the membrane in the regulator may have become hardened and lost elasticity. ordered a replacement valve