Original topic:

Gas dryer flame too big?

(Topic created on: 1/28/21 8:08 PM)
userCKyfgiPmY3
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

My DV331Agw/xxa stops heating only a few seconds after the flame comes on.

I checked and found that the flame is very big, basically touching the flame tunnel wall, so it triggered the high-heat thermostat.

Is the flame supposed to be this big? I checked the burner does not have any carbon deposit or anything. What controls the flame strength? I already opened the air intake window on the flame tube to biggest, and tried turning down the intake gas outside the dryer

3 Replies
Starchaser
Galaxy
Options
Washers and Dryers
gas appliances have different orifices on the intake line for propane vs natural gas, have a gas appliance tech look and make sure the appliance has the right orifice installed for the gas you use.
0 Likes
userCKyfgiPmY3
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thanks, but this is factory state, the burner, pipes etc inside the dryer was never touched. so the orifices you mentioned are SUPPOSED to be correct, as the DV331AGW factory state is for natural gas and my gas supply is natural gas.

0 Likes
userCKyfgiPmY3
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

now I suspect that the valve is malfunctioning now, after 8 years of use. I tried to adjust the regulator screw counter-clockwise (which reduces the outlet pressure), but the flame does not seem to decrease noticeably. the membrane in the regulator may have become hardened and lost elasticity. ordered a replacement valve

0 Likes