cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChiChiMomma
Asteroid

Grinding Noise During Spin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My Samsung WA45M7050AW/A4 was her makes a terrible grinding noise during spin. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what was the solution. My warranty expired Feb 28 2019 of course.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Grinding Noise During Spin

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've gotten you set for service.  The reference number is 4150302861.  The service center will follow up with you directly to schedule the date and time.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ChiChiMomma Normally, a grinding sound indicates that either the washer is unbalanced or there's too much in the tub.  Have you checked both of these aspects already?

ChiChiMomma
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, this noise happens with an empty load as well and it is not spinning correctly.  This seems to be a common thing with these washers as I have found many online that have had this problem. People have had to replace PC boards, transmissions, drive motors, and washer plates.  I just need to beable to figure out what the exact problem is so I don't have to sink as much money into fixing a new washer as it would take to just go out a buy another newer one. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you send us a private message with the serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've gotten you set for service.  The reference number is 4150302861.  The service center will follow up with you directly to schedule the date and time.  

usermvtYrmkknG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also getting a loud grinding noise from my top load washing machine during the spin cycle. It started as a small one time noise per wash, but now happens everytime the washer spins. What was the solution that the tech did?  Our machines are approximately four years old. 

ChiChiMomma
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The clutch/transmission went out