cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzhkcFzrMI5
Asteroid

HORRIBLE BROWN RESIDUE/FLAKES IN WASHING MACHINE

I've seen many posts about this. Our model number is WA48H7Y00AW. Purchased July, 2016. We have always had issues with small spots of brown residue. The last few weeks have brought huge brown flakes completely covering the barrel. Have tried using bleach during self clean cycle. Fine for a few wash cycles...then it returns. Is there a recall on this unusable washer? Purchased the samsung dryer as well...currently that seems to be working okay. PLEASE HELP!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HORRIBLE BROWN RESIDUE/FLAKES IN WASHING MACHINE

Hey! Thanks for reaching out, can I have your full model number and serial number in private message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userzhkcFzrMI5
Asteroid

Model #: WA48H7400AW/A2

Serial #: <HIDDEN>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The recall is in regards to the vibration.  Here is a link with all of the details: https://pages.samsung.com/us/tlw/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzhkcFzrMI5
Asteroid

We have the vibration issues as well. ALong with the disgusting, brown, probably unhealthy, residue in our 3 yr old Samsung washer. TOTALLY disgusted, frustrated and disappointed. What a waste of hard earned money!

tanda103
Asteroid

Same issues and I'm livid that they are offering no help or solutions.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Feel free to send a message as well so that I can gather some additional information.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Samsung_ZMKmEcE
Astronaut

Beware, Lowe's says Samsung appliances always has problems.

userajJ2TOS2tM
Constellation

Is the recall due to the residue or the vibrating? Curious because I knew about the vibrating recall.

Thanks