cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

How do I DISCONNECT my Samsung washing machine from my WiFi network (factory reset)?

I own a Samsung WW6800 QuickDrive Washing Machine (model number WW90M645OPO/EU) which comes with WiFi capability to connect to the Smart Things app.

I connected the machine to my WiFi network to try it out, but now need to remove it as I don't want it using my metered internet connection. 

How do I make the washing machine FORGET my WiFi details and completely disconnect it from the network? 

I have already tried switching the machine off from mains power and leaving it for 24 hours, but when I switch it back on it connects right back to the network. 

I cannot edit my router's settings or block the connection on the router level; I must make the machine itself forget the connection details.

I contacted Samsung customer services who were most unhelpful; either they didn't understand my request, or they concluded that there is simply no way to disconnect the machine from WiFi which, if true, I find troubling.

At the very least it should be possible to do a "factory reset" of the machine's settings and make it forget everything, surely?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: How do I DISCONNECT my Samsung washing machine from my WiFi network (factory reset)?

Anyone? I would have thought this would be a basic feature since it is important for security.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How do I DISCONNECT my Samsung washing machine from my WiFi network (factory reset)?

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Alternately, you can reach out to the Samsung Community in your area using this link:  https://r1.community.samsung.com/. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

This is very frustrating - I couldn't log in with my old username so I had to create another account.

I don't understand why Samsung can't just answer queries without users having to register and divulge their personal information to a public forum. Or in my case, TWO public forums!

I then don't understand why my question couldn't be moved by a moderator into the correct community.

I also don't understand why there are even separate communities requiring separate login details for different regions of the world.

Finally I REALLY don't understand why there's not already a way to do this (disonnect from WiFi or factory reset) already built into the appliance!

Take note, everyone who reads this... I regret buying Samsung.