Options
Washers and Dryers

Dryer won't stop model dv5471aew

100 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

I can definitely understand your concern here. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying this link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001990/

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userz984XWTwD3
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Samsung Dryer DV42H50000

In any sensor dry mode, the dryer counts down to one and will not shut off on its own, nor will it go into wrinkle prevent mode.  Clothes come out VERY hot. I know what wrinkle prevent mode is.  Yes it is turned on BUT it doesn't go into that mode.  It stays in its sensor dry mode at 1 minute. I want it to go into wrinkle prevent, but it doesn't.  This seems very dangerous considering how hot the clothing gets.

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Does this happen only when you select the sensor dry cycle? Does this happen on all loads? Have you tried to power cycle the unit either by unplugging it or turning it off at the breaker for about 5 mins?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userz984XWTwD3
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yes. All cycles.  All loads. All types of clothes. All sizes. Been turned unplugged for long periods numerous times. 

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

The next step would be to proceed with service. Please send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

0 Likes
user6QnCLyLZPh
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Dryer on normal cycle goes to 1 minute then does not shut off.  Continues to heat, wrinkle prevent is not on.  Tried unplugging unit, did not help.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

It's doing this no matter the setting, correct?  Service would be needed a that point.  If you could, please send me a private message with your full model and serial number and I can look into available options.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
userVSU2ZhG4nL
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Clean your vent out. We had to go outside and remove the exterior cover/ flap to get the lint completely out of the tubing. We ran the dryer for a few minutes to blow it through then replaced the cover. 

0 Likes
useruSg92YJTtQ
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am also having this issue with model DVE5OM745OW/A3 serial # 0ARV5BBK201375N.  I've tried everything I can think of.  

0 Likes
userVSU2ZhG4nL
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Clean the vent from outside. 

0 Likes