cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Loud metallic vibration from Dryer model DV45H6300EG

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usermXCidg92mr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same metal sound on my multisteam vent sensor Dryer that i bought recently about a year ago...the noise is a screeching noise and is on and off

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear usermXCidg92mr, you're welcome to send us a private message as well with your model code and serial number and we can see if there is anything we can offer: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userhpE8BrZYkf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Put a 3/8" shrink tube on the ideler pulley spring...shrink it down with a heat gun...problem solved...

userzP7a5UE7bm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please I am having  noise problem with my dryer - Model Number: DV220AEW/XAA. After opening the dryer up, I conclude it is the rear drum support roller that is causing the problem.

Where can I order replacement parts? Thanks.

userZuc3qiru6h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a tech come out a year ago (the dryer was only a year old) and he replaced the motor, but it didn’t fix the rattling noise.  I felt I had no choice but to live with it. Fast forward 14 months later, I put the clothes in the dryer and left for 2.5 hours.  Came back home and the dryer was still running.  Clothes smelled burnt.  I’m usually gone all day, thank God I wasn’t!  I tried using again later that day but it completely went nuts and the whole unit made a loud noise like the whole drum was banging around inside.  A tech came out, replaced pretty moch everything inside, but guess what, it’s still rattling.  AND, I’m afraid to leave my house with the dryer running in fear of setting our whole row of townhomes on fire!!!   What now?

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your dryer, and completely understand your concern.  Please provide me with your complete serial number to the link below and I will be glad to look into this for you.

userKcIFS8F1vZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. It seems to be the starter motor that is the issue. Our dryer is abot 1.5 years old and started doing this 6 months ago. The sound goes away once it has warmed up and the motor has switched to second phase. I pulled the drum apert and replaced the idler pulley with an updated one and that did nothing.  I inspected a lubricated all the rollers  didn't fix it  it seems to need a new motor....

Model # DV45H7000EW/A2

SERIAL# [REDACTED]

I need to know what to do next? Buy a new motor?