cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

MODEL WA400P JHDWR/AA washer off balance and repeatedly rinses and spins

My washing machine has been doing this for several weeks now. It gets to the spin cycle and gets off balance, fills back up w water, spins over and over. We have made sure it is level, ran calibration mode, etc.

It does this even if I turn on the spin only cycle. It still fills up w water and repeats, not ever spinning all the water out of the clothes... please help! 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: MODEL WA400P JHDWR/AA washer off balance and repeatedly rinses and spins

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000997/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, I have tried all of those things several times.  The washer will continue adding time to the cycle and will keep adding  water during the spin cycle. It also makes a lot of noise and sounds off balance. The off balance code doesn't always come on though. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you send me a private message with your full serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

My WA45H7200 just started doing the same thing. Spinning either small or large loads, it gets terribly out of balance and the drum eventually bangs into the top of the washer. I can only get through a spin cycle by hand-wringing most of the laundry and carefully distributing it in the drum. Although this washer has always had difficulty with spinning unbalanced loads, it usually eventually got through after a few spin-fill-spin cycles. But in the last few days something changed and now it shakes violently every time and almost never gets through a spin cycle. It's pretty much useless. Apparently this is a pretty common problem. Anyone know how to diagnose and solve it?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, Have you received any type of error code?

Highlighted
Constellation

After it goes through several fill-spin cycles it usually shows an Unbalanced Load code. No other error codes have ever appeared.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this link a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001016/ If this doesn't work, send me your serial number via private message

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine has been doing the exact same thing.  I have to hand wring the clothes to stop the madness.  I have purchased a new washer/dryer. NOT SAMSUNG!  Will be delivered in a few days and simply cannot wait to take a hammer to the Samsung washer.  There was no place on this site to let Samsung know directly of my displeasure....so responding to this post in hopes they will read it.  I will never, ever, ever buy another Samsung appliance.  The washer is only 5 years old. The dryer is fine but will be kicking it to the curb as well. Everything I have read about repair indicates repair work does not last with this issue.  Do. Not. Recommend.  Big mistake!