cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

MOLD in my Top Load Washer WA45H7000AW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model WA45H7000AW/A2 is leaving brown mold residue on clothes. I use one (1) detergent pod and no fabric softener. ADvive from this community: I removed the impeller and cleaned the underside of it- there is a film of dirt between the white plastic impeller body and its chrome cover that I cannot get at. I re-installed the impeller.

I ran the cleaning cycle nine (9) times - using bleach three (3) times, Affresh tablets three (3) times, and white vinegar three (times).  I still have mold on my clothes and in the washer (see pictures). It seems that the more times I run a cleaning cycle the more debris I have on my clothes. 

I also noticed that there water under the basket that is not pumping out. The drain hose is not kinked. If I move the drum back and forth I can hear water sloshing about that is trapped under the basket. This seems to be a design flaw when the User Guide instructions say that I am to make sure the machine is left open and dry after use to prevent mold, but the washer leaves a considerable amount of water in the bottom of the drum. 

MOLD LEFT IN DRUM AFTER A WASH20191109_121423.jpg

MOLD THAT COMES OFF MY CLOTHES AFTER WASHING20191109_121347.jpg

MOLD IN THE DRUM AFTER WASHING - THIS IS LESS THAN I USUALLY SEE20191109_121324.jpg<hidden>

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: MOLD in my Top Load Washer WA45H7000AW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

LOCATION of the MOLD and CLEANING IT! - A service technician came to my house.  I assisted him to remove the stainless steel drum from the machine. (The tub is the outer layer that holds the water and is stationary. The drum is what you see when looking inside the machine and holds the clothes).

The under side of the drum has a fins that create a thousand 1" deep pockets where the brown slime builds up.  Sorry, I forgot to take a photo it.  We took the drum outside to clean it. We used white vinegar, small stiff brushes and a hose.  After 20 minutes of two men attacking the issue we had it clean. A faster and better approach to cleaning would be a power washer. We then cleaned the tub and reassembled the machine. 

The one area that cannot be cleaned is between the plastic and chrome layers of the impeller. Under that chrome is a lot of gunk that cannot be reached.  

My wife set up a monthly schedule (checklist) to run cleaning cycles. Hopefully, I wont have to take the machine apart for more cleaning in the near future.

Last, that sloshing noise is not water sitting in the tub.  It is a liquid filled, sealed balance ring at the top of the drum.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m sorry you are experiencing these symptoms. Please send me a private message with your best contact information and I will look into this for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PM sent with my contact info.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

LOCATION of the MOLD and CLEANING IT! - A service technician came to my house.  I assisted him to remove the stainless steel drum from the machine. (The tub is the outer layer that holds the water and is stationary. The drum is what you see when looking inside the machine and holds the clothes).

The under side of the drum has a fins that create a thousand 1" deep pockets where the brown slime builds up.  Sorry, I forgot to take a photo it.  We took the drum outside to clean it. We used white vinegar, small stiff brushes and a hose.  After 20 minutes of two men attacking the issue we had it clean. A faster and better approach to cleaning would be a power washer. We then cleaned the tub and reassembled the machine. 

The one area that cannot be cleaned is between the plastic and chrome layers of the impeller. Under that chrome is a lot of gunk that cannot be reached.  

My wife set up a monthly schedule (checklist) to run cleaning cycles. Hopefully, I wont have to take the machine apart for more cleaning in the near future.

Last, that sloshing noise is not water sitting in the tub.  It is a liquid filled, sealed balance ring at the top of the drum.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PS. Samsung never contacted me beyond asking me to PM them. It is sad that I had to discover and solve the problem before they could care enough to call or write.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Poor customer service for sure!  My husbnad literally pulled averything out of the machine to power wash it.  This is ridiculous and a normal consumer would not do this.  The mold and smell is awful and I'm counting to see how long it takes to return.  We will be getting rid of this poorly designed machine and will look for something that is actually usable and cleanable.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact problem.  I too spent a day disassembling the machine and cleaning the drum and impeller.  It is an extremely poor design and very frustrating for a macine the is only 3 years old