cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Metal Scraping Noise on DV50K8600EV Dryer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userGqAAObnP3q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem being described by the other folks in this thread.  We purchased the DV50K8600EV dryer model on 11/23/2016 (so now past the paltry 1-year warranty) and we began to notice the dryer making a metallic scraping/squeaking noise around the beginning of the calendar year.  At that point it was a mild squeak, and usually it would go away after the dryer had been running for a few minutes.  The noise also didn't occur during every cycle, it was an occasional problem.  In May we had Sears come out to perform general service on our washer and dryer (the washer is the corresponding Samsung model but no issues with that one so far...) and mentioned the scraping/squeaking issue to them, which by May had become much more prevalent and could now occasionally be described as a grinding sound.  Sears informed us the bearings in the drum rollers are bad and that it was only a matter of time until they gave out and the dryer would no longer be usable (I actually have a receipt from that visit with their assessment printed on it).  Since that visit the sound has gotten much worse to the point it's a clear grinding sound, occurs during every cycle, and occurs during the entire cycle.  In colloquial terms it sounds like the dryer is going to explode while it's running and we have stopped using it entirely out of fear of that occurring.

In general, I am a big fan of Samsung and believe (or believed) that they make quality products that can be trusted.  The experience with our dryer, and coming here to learn that this is apparently a known defect with this dryer model that many folks are reporting only begins after the 1-year warranty period has expired, is disheartening to say the least.  I'd love if Samsung could extend the warranty coverage for our dryer to cover this obvious defect so I can continue to recommend and purchase Samsung products rather than recommending people look elsewhere for their appliances and electronics.  Please help Samsung!

Thanks,
Zach

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userGqAAObnP3q I would be happy to look into this. Drop me  Private Message with the full serial number of the dryer? https://bit.ly/2mQxylV

userGqAAObnP3q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the quick response, sending PM now

userGqAAObnP3q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has elected not to extend the warranty to cover this apparently prevalent manufacturer's defect and is referring me to pay a Samsung service center to fix their defective product.  I will not be paying Samsung to fix their own problem and will give Sears the business.  I'll also have to recommend to everyone I talk to online or in person never to purchase a Samsung product again since their products can't be trusted.  It's unfortunate that Samsung isn't interested in extending a simple gesture of good faith to a customer with an obviously defective product (at what will be a minimal cost to them all things considered) and would rather nickel-and-dime their supporters.  This will be the last Samsung purchase my family ever makes across any of their product lines.  If Samsung would like to do the right thing and win back a customer who will spread the word of how well they take care of their customers they will still have a day or two to do so before I contact Sears and begin leaving reviews online.

userGqAAObnP3q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:

SamsungCat has reached out and offered a one-time free of charge repair of the dryer.  Thank you SamsungCat for ensuring that Samsung does right by their customers.  I'm glad that I'll be able to continue to trust, purchase, and recommend Samsung products in the future.

Thanks!

usermzvETZ4xf0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same exact issue and my dryer is 3 years old. We have a few Samsung TVs and devices and they are great. I am truly not happy with their washers and dryers as all we have had are constant problems.   If Samsung isn’t willing to fix this issue free of charge I will be writing reviews on every site possible about this horrible product experience and will not buy another washer or dryer under the Samsung 

user6YcczdWd8U
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! I’ve found this chat trying to find an answer for the noise my Samsung dryer DV50K8600EV is making since last week. 

My dryer is only two years old, and it used  to work perfectly until now. What it hasn’t worked perfectly are other Samsung appliances we have at home. We spent extra to get a fancy Samsung fridge, a  Tv, washer and dryer and we were very disappointed with all of them except the dryer... but now even the dryer is showing the bad manufacturer’s quality! So now I can say ALL of our Samsung appliances are

AWFUL. We are so disappointed!!

Now reading this chat makes me feel MORE frustrated because it seems this dryer noise is a very common issue and nobody from the company is trying to solve it. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you sens us a private message with your serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it doing this no matter the size of the load?