JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Model wf45n5300af washer stopping/freezing on all cycles

(Topic created: 10-04-2022 07:16 AM)
dlewis41777
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the Samsung VRT+ model wf45n5300af, purchased in 2014.  About two weeks ago, it stopped working - no matter what selection you pick on the dial, it will stop at some point in the cycle, and the time doesn't change, no error code displayed, just the stuck clock.  For example, I pick the rinse & spin selection, press start.  It starts at 19 minutes, gets down to 11 minutes and does not proceed.  Up to that point, everything seems to be working - locks the door, sprays water, drum turns, empties water, then stops.  

So I looked online, found a manual that had the steps to get into the diagnostics mode - it showed error code 8C1 which apparently is a faulty main board.  I stepped through the manual testing steps as well, usually after step 2 or 3 it would stop with error code 8C1. 

I ordered and replaced the main board (the one in the plastic case and rear bottom of the washer.  Same results, still freezes.  
Anyone seen this issue or have an idea what might be causing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
dlewis41777
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I changed out the wires from the main board to the vibration sensor and found one wire possibly with a break in it.  I spliced in new wires for all six going to that sensor, and so far, it's completed three loads with no issues.

View solution in context

3 Replies
dlewis41777
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Did you intend to reply?

0 Likes
dlewis41777
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Could this be caused by the vibration sensor?

0 Likes
Solution
dlewis41777
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I changed out the wires from the main board to the vibration sensor and found one wire possibly with a break in it.  I spliced in new wires for all six going to that sensor, and so far, it's completed three loads with no issues.