Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userhHEkopHJd8
Constellation

Musty Smell in brand new Activewash Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased a new Activewash topload washing machine (WA54M8750AV) and after my first load, I noticed a musty smell in the drum. Ran two self clean cycles and the smell is still noticeable just standing in front of the machine. Is this a normal new machine smell, and will it go away??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Musty Smell in brand new Activewash Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you verified that the unit is leveled and that the drain hose isn't too far down on the stand pipe?  If all of the water isn't draining out of the washer, odor could become an issue.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you verified that the unit is leveled and that the drain hose isn't too far down on the stand pipe?  If all of the water isn't draining out of the washer, odor could become an issue.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userhHEkopHJd8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How far down in the standpipe is an adequate amount? I will check and see if this is causing the issue. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No more than 6 inches.