cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxQW7w1vtV7
Asteroid

My front load washer model wf42h5200a glass door shattered

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My washer was purchased New 6/23/17 on 1/13/18 I started a load of sheets after approximately 5 minutes I heard a loud noise followed by glass shattering. There was glass all over the floor as well as inside the washer. I shut it off cleaned up the floor and called Lowes they put in a service ticket and Monday I received a call to set up appointment for service tech to come out on friday. The lady was very nice she took all kinds of pictures and called in her report stating there was no sign of dents scratches or abuse.  Today I received a call back stating Samsung refused to cover it under the warranty as there had to be some kind of "physical abuse" for it to shatter. This infuriated me so I started googling Samsung complaints sure wish I had done more research before purchasing these products apparently I'm not the only one who is getting screwed by Samsung!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My front load washer model wf42h5200a glass door shattered

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Donna! Please follow up with the service center at your earliest convenience. I've updated the ticket to reflect full, warranty coverage. ^Amanda

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxQW7w1vtV7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a ticket/ref# 4146622716

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Donna! Please follow up with the service center at your earliest convenience. I've updated the ticket to reflect full, warranty coverage. ^Amanda

userxQW7w1vtV7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much, even the tech that came out stated there was no way I could have damaged this.   Thank you again for your help and quick response

userxQW7w1vtV7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

service center states you need to indicate it will cover the cosmetic damage of replacing the door, parts and labor...

as of right now that can't do anything.....

userxQW7w1vtV7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well that didn't go smoothly with service center they state that you have to state that you will cover replacing the door, parts and labor.  She said it just states parts and labor, what the hell is a door if its not considered a part????

userxQW7w1vtV7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I guess I need to uncheck problem solved.....
userxQW7w1vtV7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well today the tech came out and replaced the glass on the inside of the door....however they were not instructed to order and replace the safety glass on the front, she tried to tell me it didn't have one I argued that the door was flat on the front. I had to Google to find out that I wasn't crazy there is a safety glass. So needless to say they have half fixed my washer.....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear that! Can you please provide a picture of the safety glass on the front?