cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Need Help

My Samsung dryer had a squeaking noise last night then I heard like a loud thump. When I went to it the dryer would not spin I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I hit the power but and the grid light for the filter was flashing 4 times then it stopped. Then I hit the start then the drying and cooking light started flashing. There was a small click when I hit start but it didn't spin or anything and the lights just continued to flash. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Need Help

Have you tried to reduce the load size and run it again? When it made the thump did you notice anything inside the dryer drum? How long have you had the dryer?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

At the moment nothing is in the dryer. When it made the squeaking noise and the loud thump we only had a few towels in there. I also cleaned out the lint trap as nothing is in there. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

How long have you had the dryer? Since you already power cycle the unit and it didn't resolve the issue. The unit will require service. You can use the following link to locate a service center in your area to do the repair. : http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.