cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

New Dryer DVE50R5400V Won't Dry

Hoping somone can help!

I purchased the new steamcycle dryer DVE50R5400V in September to replace my old Samsung dryer when I moved to a new home. This dryer does not hold a candle to my old Samsung dryer as it takes at least 4 times to dry to dry our king size sheets, coverlet (not a heavy comforter) or heavier loads of clothes. I've done everything I can think of to fix this to no avail (after consulting the manual and other online Q&A through Lowes where we purchased). The dryer gets hot still. We've cleaned out the dryer vent line to outside thinking the old home owners didn't do it but that wasn't clogged. I've tried all different types of settings (normal, time dry, heavy duty, etc.), set to "more dry", "highest heat", made sure Eco Dry is turned off, and so on... nothing is fixing it. These settings are either turning off while the items are still damp or timing out and it's still damp. I never had this issue with my older Samsung dryer. 

The dryer is in a closet off the hallway (a first for me) and I've noticed it gets pretty warm in the laundry closet area. It IS a dryer so seems like it may be normal but I've never had a dryer in a laundry closet so not sure... 

Overall I'm disappointed as this was supposed to be the upgraded model and for $900 I shouldn't have to send my sheets or coverlet (and other heavier clothes) through multiple dries. 

Also, please note, I dry each item separately (not sheets and coverlet together) so we're not talking about extremely heavy loads of clothes/items. 

Anyone else have this same issue and ideas on how to resolve? I'm reaching the end of my patience and am about to return it. 

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: New Dryer DVE50R5400V Won't Dry

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link, and I will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

@SamsungLou  I provided the serial number in a private message. Anything you can do to help is appreciated!

Constellation

Hello, I'm having this same issue. Did you find out what was causing it? Mine is brand new as well. Only a week old. I can't seem to get regular clothes dried! @userQUldXumXL4 @SamsungLou 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Oh no!  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.