cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjYAaq1bfJm
Constellation

New washer on old pedestal

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our old Samsung washer failed and we are buying a new one.  Will the new washer WF45M5500AZ fit on the old pedestal, WE357A7B?  Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: New washer on old pedestal

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately the new model washer, WF45M5500AZ, is only compatible with the WE357A0Z/XAA model pedestal. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately the new model washer, WF45M5500AZ, is only compatible with the WE357A0Z/XAA model pedestal. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useruhGRfdyXTL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just ordered a new Samsung set to replace my 8-year-old set, after my washer died. If the new set doesn’t fit on the old pedestals, Home Depot can take them right back to the warehouse. The dimensions of both sets are identical; the only reason to make them incompatible would be to rip-off consumers. I’m not paying $600 for new pedestals.

userHeCVJlr8JQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IF my older Samsung W/D pedestals do NOT fit any of the new Samsung ones I am DEFINITELY gong to buy a DIFFERENT brand...  WHY would I buy another Samsung IF they don't give me a strong incentive to buy another pair???  This will certainly cause me to purchase a brand that continues to support their older pedestals.  I am REALLY disappointed to learn this; pedestals don't give out so I guess Samsung wants to stick it to you when you can't fix their old W/D's anymore as parts are no longer available.  NOT a smart way to keep customers loyal; I should have stayed with Whirlpool/Kenmore Smiley Sad

useruxW0Zq1AI7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This same thing happened to me.  I had to get an electric dryer for the new house.  On top of that the home depot installers said that even if I buy the correct pedestal I cannot install it afterwards, they must be purchased together.  So now our washer is on a pedestal and the dryer on the ground.

useruodL442INJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told by my salesman at Lowes that I could use my 10yr old pedestal on my new front load Samsung washer.  When the intallers showed up they told me my salsman didn't know what he was talking about and that the two weren't compatible.  I saved the old pedestal anyway since I didn't want to have to buy a new one when there was nothing wrong with the old.  My husband was prepared to drill holes in the pedestal to attach the washer.  When he went to line the two up-what do you know-they fit perfectly! Obviously, someone has been spreading untruths!!

@useruxW0Zq1AI7 wrote:

This same thing happened to me.  I had to get an electric dryer for the new house.  On top of that the home depot installers said that even if I buy the correct pedestal I cannot install it afterwards, they must be purchased together.  So now our washer is on a pedestal and the dryer on the ground.

Highlighted
useri1XV4klFay
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. My 7 year old washer (WF350ANP/XAA) which was moderately used and well-taken-care-of, is done.  From what I have read online and the junk I have seen in the drain tub, the spider disintegrating.  Although I am pretty mechanical, I have no desire to attempt this repair so I've resigned myself to buying a new unmatching washer from Lowes. My pedestal (WE357AOP-plat) is of course in perfect condition.  It looks pretty much the same as the new one.  Getting an  accurateanswer on this website is questionnable.  It seems that it is easier for the moderators to say a pedestal doesn't fit than take a chance.  Then it costs us $279. My question to you is, is your washer running fine on the old pedestal?