JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washer won't complete cycle/ just restarts

(Topic created: 04-18-2022 09:08 AM)
7simon
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a front load washer that will not complete a cycle 9 out of 10 times. I have run through different trouble shooting ideas including cleaning the front drain on the bottom, cleaning the screens on the water lines, and trying different cycles. I don't get any error code, it just stops working. Sometimes it will eventually complete the cycle after re-starting it several times.  This has been on-going for about 2 months and the machine is approximately 7 years old.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello! I understand how this can be a cause for concern with your washer not completing a cycle, just want to confirm that you have tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000997/

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

8 Replies
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers
Does it stop working with about 20 minutes or less left? My mother's washer was doing that and after they replaced pretty much everything starting with the main board, pump assembly, drive motor and a voltage regulator, it ended up being the inverter board. Luckily, he stopped charging me after the second visit. I have a feeling the guy definitely lost money on the repair.

Her model is: WF42H5200AP/A2
7simon
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
It depends, sometimes it doesn't even start. It initially sounds like it's putting water in, then just stops.
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers
Your issue is definitely different than hers was then. With hers it would always pause at the end of the load with between 19 or so left. Right when it was about to start the spin for that particular cycle I think. Sometimes she could keep restarting your way through it. But often it just kept pausing.

In your case it may be a faulty water inlet valve, faulty door switch or fill level switch. There are a few other possibilities as well.

If you have the manual or look for a pdf version online, there is a way to have it display trouble codes. But getting them sometimes feels like entering Nintendo cheat codes. Push this button once, push that one twice while holding down another button, rotate the dial to the left. And they are all different in how you get to them.
0 Likes
7simon
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
I talked to a service tech today who suggested that it's probably the control board. Looks like an easy enough fix. We're running a cleaning cycle to see if that helps and if not we'll order the part I guess.
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers
Of course they always say "it's possibly the control board." That is where they started with my mother's machine and 4 part replacements later they finally got it with that inverter board. Which apparently is a daughter board off that control board.

The tech apologized and said that 7/10 times the control board is the issue. He is probably being truthful, which is why they all go straight to the control board.

Best of luck and if that is the solution, you may want to add an appliance surge protector. Some of them carry a warranty that might pay for the cost of repair if the board goes again while it's connected.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello! I understand how this can be a cause for concern with your washer not completing a cycle, just want to confirm that you have tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000997/

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

7simon
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
We've done the trouble shooting steps, so honestly if it's something that needs to be repaired I'll probably replace the machine. We needed to have our Samsung dryer fixed several times (thank goodness for the extended warranty) but at this point I'm guessing that I'll just need to go a different direction.
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers
That's too bad. I don't know if they just don't make them like they used to or what. My mother's washing machine is only about 5 years old and has had the issue that it has had.

But my wife and I have a Samsung washer and dryer manufactured in 2007 and neither have had a single issue.