Original topic:

Notifications for Washer/Dryer ceased function

(Topic created: 10-21-2021 06:31 AM)
ajpn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
Does anyone know why my notifications would suddenly stop working for my washer and dryer? Smart Things is up to date and the appliances all show. But 

I used to think it was annoying, but it helps when you have clothes that need to be folded immediately. 
4 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, I would recommend creating a Support ticket so we can look into your concerns further since the app is up to date and the appliances are showing as connected. You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:
By Phone: 1-866-813-2404 or Online at: support@smartthings.com  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ajpn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
Yeah that's not going to happen. My experience with Samsung help has been useless as well as time consuming.

I uninstalled my washer and dryer from smart things, reinstalled and renamed them and it worked. Typical reliability with Samsung apps.

But thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate the effort.
0 Likes
ajpn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
Solution: uninstalled the appliances from the smart things app and reinstall them. I also renamed them for good measure (Darth Dryer and Obi-wan Washer). Not sure if renaming them was necessary, but I did it anyway. This solved my issue.
0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, Thank you for the update and we're pleased to see you were able to resolve your issue. We want to thank you for being a part of the Samsung Community and please do not forget to mark your solution to help others that may come upon this same issue. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes