cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Outer plastic Cracked on dryer door

Purchase my Samsung matching washer and dryer in March and noticed about a month into having it the dryer door was cracked after loading a load to dry and coming back to get that load out. I called Samsung and set up an appointment for a tech to come out, the tech came out and determined the cracks looked to be coming from in between the glass and plastic itself so no way it was caused by a external force or by my negligence. They replaced my door free of charge, fast forward now to 4 months later and this new door is cracked in the exact same way. I make an appointment have a tech come out and he says the same thing the first tech says even adding in this is a common issue, he says he has to call support to figure out what he can do. I hear support tell him "no we aren't replacing it, we've already replaced it once." While the tech is explaining to this man at support it is obviously not physical damage but a issue with the design itself the man tells him oh well write it up as physical damage. The tech explains to me he can't do anything other than what tech allows even though he knows it's a device defect and not a user caused issue. This is wrong and i will never buy another Samsung product and will let everyone I know not to buy their products either. Samsung should own up to their mistake and fix the issue or issue a recall. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Outer plastic Cracked on dryer door

The tech also added that he though the plastic used on these doors itself was not made to withstand the heat put off. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Outer plastic Cracked on dryer door

I am sorry that you have had to go through this. Can I have your full model code and serial; number via private message? I would like to look into this for you.