cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5zmNpABiXq
Asteroid

Problems with wrinkles and creases

I am having a lot of problems with my dryer causing heavy wrinkling and even creasing. Dryer model number DVE45R6100W/A3. I only use HE liquid detergent and I use a liquid fabric softener as well (Downy).  I take the items out immediately after the cycle ends.  I've tried using dryer balls (which do not help). We do have very hard water, but honestly, in the 35 years I've lived in the house, and using two other dryers over those years, this is the first dryer where I'm experiencing this problem. 

Any ideas for what I can do to help prevent this kind of problem?

Thx.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Problems with wrinkles and creases

Try using the Wrinkle Prevent option. Press the option and then load the dryer.

• It provides approximately 180 minutes of intermittent tumbling in unheated air at the end of the cycle to reduce wrinkles.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user5zmNpABiXq
Asteroid

I thought "wrinkle prevent" only keeps the clothes tossing and tumbling after they dry. It that way it prevents wrinkles after the cycle is completed.  But it doesn't actually prevent wrinkles. If I take the items out immediately after the cyle signal, there shouldn't be a need to use "wrinkle prevent," correct?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The "Wrinkle Prevent" is to reduce wrinkles, it's not intended to make your clothes wrinkle-free

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
user5zmNpABiXq
Asteroid

Of course I understand that. I have been doing laundry for over 50 years and all I can say is that this machine produces many more wrinkles and creases than any other machine I've used or owned. I've tried various solutions, and they haven't worked, from using liquid fabric softener and dryer balls. If you have another solution, like a different, better detergent or a different better fabric softener, or a better setting on the dryer, or something else, I'd appreciate your letting me know. I have not gone on line to give the machine a bad rating because I've been trying to figure out why a new machine, with all the bells and whistles I wanted, produces more wrinkles than my ten year old machine that was incredibly basic.