cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NEWY
Asteroid

RUST ISSUE SAMSUNG WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MAJOR RUST AND CORROSIONMAJOR RUST AND CORROSIONRUST ALSO ON THE SOAP DISPENSERRUST ALSO ON THE SOAP DISPENSEROur Samsung washer model WA48H7400AW/A2 bleach and soap dispenser have major rust.  I have never seen a washer rust before.  The metal surrounding the liquid bleach plastic cup has major rust and corrosion same for the soap and softner dispenser.

Why is this happening to such an expensive item, we had another Samsung washer before this for 10 years and never once did the paint chip, rust, or become discolored in any way.  Did you change your paint, baking, or sheet metal

supplier?  Is this under warranty how can it be fixed?  Im still paying monthly on my rusty washer. Smiley Sad

My serial number is <Hidden>.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RUST ISSUE SAMSUNG WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, sorry to hear. Honestly repairs would be recommended. Based on your model/serial I noticed your unit is a part of our safety recall. Can you confirm if you were aware of this and if you have looked into the recall's options already?

The reason I ask is that most Rust issues are covered under the limited warranty and the repair fix for the recall extends the warranty an additional year. Alternatively there is an exchange rebate option if you just didn't want to worry with the repairs. 

You can find more details about the recall here: https://pages.samsung.com/us/tlw/index.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

90 REPLIES 90
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, sorry to hear. Honestly repairs would be recommended. Based on your model/serial I noticed your unit is a part of our safety recall. Can you confirm if you were aware of this and if you have looked into the recall's options already?

The reason I ask is that most Rust issues are covered under the limited warranty and the repair fix for the recall extends the warranty an additional year. Alternatively there is an exchange rebate option if you just didn't want to worry with the repairs. 

You can find more details about the recall here: https://pages.samsung.com/us/tlw/index.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

NEWY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello
Thank you for writing back. I read the link regarding the recall thank you for sending I wasn’t aware of it. If we elect to have it repaired how would they also repair the rust? Is this a common issue? We only want what’s fair which is a cosmetic free washing machine we paid for.

Thank you
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NEWY, if you opt for the repair. The top of the the unit will be replaced. 

Highlighted
Chris VA Mtns
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had the "repair" but he did nothing to replace the rusting top section (now nearly rusted through mostly at bleach dispenser and soap dispenser).  I wish he had replaced the faulty rusting top section also as some moderators have indicated should have happened.  Thank you, Chris

Model Number:  WA5471ABW/XAA Serial Number:  <Hidden>
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you looking to move forward with a repair?  

NEWY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung,

Yes! Please we need the repair desperately. What are the steps needed to get a technician to replace the top? We live in Souther California. Thank you!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NEWY to get repairs set up can you shoot us a private message here: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

NEWY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi I just sent you a PM. Thank you
cg9638
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the exact same issue with our WA48J7700AW/A2.  We had the warranty repair done in December and it was rusting at that time.  I would love to also get our top replaced before it gets any worse.  I can provide the serial number if needed.  Were do I go from here?