Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NEWY
Asteroid

Re: RUST ISSUE SAMSUNG WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

We had the repair done. A tech came out and replaced the rusted top portion. Unfortunately now the bleach doesn’t dispense and the cycle for cleaning the machine is no longer active. I noticed our clothes don’t smell fresh after washing and I even used scent booster. This washer has been a lemon from the start. I’m incredibly unhappy and the thing is on my credit card. Won’t Samsung make this right? I just want to be made whole.  A washer that dispenses bleach, doesn’t smell like *blah* and for the self cleaning cycle to be active again. 

What options do I have Samsung? Can I have my money back for the washer? Please come take it. 😭 

userGeHrOrJpaS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues with my washer and did not know there was a recall until I came across this.  Please advise.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user1DmxdFAjsO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact issue....I'm eligible for the same recall and I'm getting actual small size pieces of rust inside the washer in the soap and softener dispenser with multiple rust streak looking areas elsewhere. This shouldn't happen on a 3 year old washer.....please sign me up for the same repairs. What do I need to do?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1DmxdFAjsO If you have not had the recall repair, register here: Link

If you have had the recall repair, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userOauPG7fhqm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, we are experiencing rust in the soap tray and it's quite annoying and gross. What do we need to do for the recall or replacement? Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userOauPG7fhqm, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a private message with your model and the serial number to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
user6JsfsBgqOi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have rust on the same model near our bleach dispenser.  How do we go about getting that replaced before it gets worse?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with the full model code, serial number and any pictures you may have so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

user1KZ1BDjhd2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Us too,  we purchased the washer at great expense in 2012, we are rusting in all the places mentioned AND around the seals on the window.    This rusting started in 2014 when the washer was just 2 years old.  It started in the soap dispensor area and showed up as rust colored spots on the drawer.    

#WA5471AB

Totally disgusted and feel it is one of the biggest purchases we have made to be sold shodly metals-  not to mention the recall that took over a year to get fixed.... and at that they sent an A&E Tv guy.   seriously?    Seriously not happy.

The service department cannot fix this UNLESS THEY STRIP the paint off completey, remove the rust areas , replace the metal they took off and repaint.