Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RUST ISSUE SAMSUNG WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user3BISrZoaY6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I also have a similar problem with a WA48H7400AW washer that is rusting.

The rust is on the back of the cover and on the sides of the dispenser.

This is unbelievable, a washer rusting!!!!

We had a recall but didn't notice then.

What need to be done?

Thanks,  

Ehud

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Could you send me a private message with a picture of the rust?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userbzVzYXIsgN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same machine with the same problem.  My clothing comes out of the wash with rust stains and paint chips in them.  I was never told of a recall, nor did I ever get anything mailed to me.  It was purchased 10/2016 with an extended warranty good till 10/2021.  The paint is bubbling and peeling off throughout about half the tub, starting from the bleach dispenser.  What do I need to do to get this fixed?

Model# WA48H700AW/A2

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbzVzYXIsgN Please sign up for the recall repair here: Link

Once the recall repair is completed, please send us a private message so that we can set up service for the rust issue: Link

userUHGS1LYr8c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the recall visit to extend my warranty. The rusting is getting worse...bigger long skinny piece found in the soap dispenser the other day....particles every time I wash. Please help.

@SamsungCole wrote:

Hey there, sorry to hear. Honestly repairs would be recommended. Based on your model/serial I noticed your unit is a part of our safety recall. Can you confirm if you were aware of this and if you have looked into the recall's options already?

The reason I ask is that most Rust issues are covered under the limited warranty and the repair fix for the recall extends the warranty an additional year. Alternatively there is an exchange rebate option if you just didn't want to worry with the repairs. 

You can find more details about the recall here: https://pages.samsung.com/us/tlw/index.html

Yes....in my post you responded to I said I just had the recall visit to extend my warranty. That is done....now can you fix my rust issue?

useroKch3qDCmV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same rust issues with our Samsung washer model # WA50F9A8DSW/A2.

What is the best way to report this problem to Samsung in order to resolve this problem?

userbZ0YObPLc9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same issue with our WA5451ANWXAA01.  We have had this washer less than 6 years and now the rust has completed rusted thru.  Samsung support said there is nothing they can do.  THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE BY A MAJOR COMPANY I HAVE EVERY ENCOUNTERED.  This is a known issue...that happened very early on (I also called about this 3 years ago when the rust started) and got the same response.  I am so upset as now we are forced to spend several hundred dollars to get service person out here to order a part and replace OR buy a new washer.  Unbelievable.Rust on washer

userQKQocKoTyI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Welcome to the club. Totally rediculous.
userrNjbsM7cyo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here and I got the same response sorry nothing we can do mine is only 3 years old 😡I will never buy another Samsung product ever