cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Refund

Model #WA52M8650A Bought Oct.31,2017 with an additional extended warranty. We're having the same issues everyone else has with brown residue ruining our clothes. My son wears white shirts for work and the most recent load ruined almost every one of them. We've run several self clean cycles with bleach or baking soda, let it sit overnight and it's still doing it. I will accept nothing less than a refund or immediate replacement. We bought it at Home Depot in Plainwell, Mi. Oct.31,2017 order # W804501944. We are both retired on a fixed income and have both our adult sons back at home. It will be a burden for our son to replace at least a dozen white shirts and white t-shirts. Something should be done ! I will go to the BBB, news stations or whoever will listen to two senior citizens being swindled by a large corporation. I won't back down until a refund or immediate replacement is offered.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Refund

Is there a filter needing to be changed?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried the following troubleshooting steps? 

Run the Self Clean cycle.

1. Make sure there is not any laundry in the tub, and remove any remaining water in the tub by running a Spin-only cycle.
  2. Pour liquid chlorine bleach into the detergent compartment and fill it to the max line. (Do not use the bleach compartment.)
  3. Close the lid or door and press the Power button.
  4. Select Self CleanSelf Clean+, or Pure Cycle.
  5. Press the Start/Pause button to start. Self Clean time varies from model to model, but is approximately 1 hour for top load washers and 4 hours for front load washers.
  6. When Self Clean completes, wipe clean any residue in the tub using paper towels.
  7. Run a Rinse+Spin cycle to remove any remaining residue.
  8. Repeat 2 - 7 until there is no more visible mold residue.
  9. Leave the lid or door open to let the washing machine dry.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, we tried all of those things. We are so disappointed and angry about the ruined clothes and that this machine isn't even three years old but needs to be replaced. Apparently spending the extra money on an extended warranty was also a waste of our money. This is such a stressful hardship your company has put on my husband and myself.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

So that I may look further into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I did reply.Model #WA52M8650A4

Serial#[edit]

We didn't take pictures. We honestly didn't even think about it. We threw out the white shirts. Our son, every though he is 30, has severe asthma and was once hospitalized in intensive care because of it when he was 10. Mold is his trigger. We've been going to the laundromat until we can afford a new washer. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send a message to this PM LINK with your email address, so we can review this issue for you?