Original topic:

Replace just outer glass on my dryer?

(Topic created: 02-17-2024 06:34 AM)
TeacherSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

My outer dryer door has cracked.  The model number is dv42h5600ep/a300 and I cannot find the part anywhere.  I don’t want to replace the whole door, just the exterior glass or plexiglass, or whatever it is.  Can anyone help me find a part that will fit?

2 Replies
JshGbrlAtnz
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
0 Likes
astro_luna
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Unfortunately, finding replacement outer glass specifically for your Samsung dryer model (dv42h5600ep/a300) might be challenging. Here's why:

• Manufacturer parts: Samsung often sells replacement parts as entire assemblies, including the door frame and the outer glass. Finding the glass itself might be difficult.

Here are some alternative solutions to consider:

• Contact Samsung Support:

• Explain your situation and inquire about purchasing a replacement door assembly. They might be your best bet for a guaranteed compatible part.
  • Search online appliance parts retailers:

• Look for retailers specializing in appliance parts. Use your dryer model number (dv42h5600ep/a300) to search their inventory. While they might not have the individual glass piece, they might offer the complete door assembly.
    • Some reputable online appliance parts retailers include AppliancePartsPros, RepairClinic, and Sears PartsDirect.
  • Consider replacing the entire door assembly:

• Replacing the entire door assembly might be more readily available and easier to find compared to the individual glass piece.
    • While it might be more expensive than just the glass, it ensures a proper fit and avoids potential complications.
  • Third-party repair shops:

• Local appliance repair shops might stock replacement parts or be able to source them for your dryer model.

Additional tips:

• If you manage to find a replacement glass online, ensure it's compatible with your specific dryer model (dv42h5600ep/a300) before purchasing.
  • Replacing the glass yourself might be possible, but it requires caution and some technical knowledge. Consult repair manuals or videos online for specific instructions for your model if you decide to go this route. However, it's recommended to seek professional help from an appliance repair person to ensure the job is done correctly and safely.
0 Likes