Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thressfam5
Constellation

SAMSUNG WASHER SPIN CYCLE NOT DOING ITS JOB

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought a beautiful set of Samsung W/D (Booklet lists # as both "WA476DSHA" & WA484DSHA").  

For the last 6 months our washer's spin cycle has been progressively worsening.  It started with the blankets and then towels not spinning well.  The code displayed suggested an unbalanced load.  We would rebalance several times before the washer finished its job.  Over the last several months the washer has been failing to complete a spin cycle for even a simple load of laundry.  There is no way EVERY load can be unbalanced.  It's statistically impossible.  

I've even tried to use the "Spin Only" cycle.  It is NOT spin only.  The washer dumps even MORE water onto already soaked clothes exacerbating the issue.  

Please help me fix this.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thortok
Galaxy

Re: SAMSUNG WASHER SPIN CYCLE NOT DOING ITS JOB

JUMP TO SOLUTION

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000997/

This article is probably the best one for no-spin issues or 'constantly unbalanced' issues. But yeah, if you do all of that and still have an issue, then yeah, the next step is a service visit. It's a shame your model doesn't have calibration mode, as that tends to help fix the issue for other models. And in case you need it, here's the error code chart for the 476/484 models: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002001/

Also, the warranty on the 476/484 models is 1 year parts and labor, but 2 years on control board parts, 3 years on stainless tub part, and 10 years on the washing direct drive motor part.

So if the spin issue you're having is caused by the motor (no way for us to tell, that's up to a service technician to determine, don't mean to get your hopes up), then potentially the most expensive part to replace (the motor) would be covered by warranty. I know that doesn't help as far as labor costs and stuff, and also doesn't help if it's some other part that needs replacing, but at least it's better than a '1 year and then nothing' warranty, right?

Oh, and since it's a top loader, don't forget to check if it's affected by the recall. If it is, and you get the repair service, you get another 1 year extended warranty on it, even for non-recall issues (to my understanding, I could be wrong, feel free to investigate). So sign up for the recall warranty and then be like "okay now that's done, by the way, I want service on this other issue" and there you go.

221 REPLIES 221
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning! Welcome to the community! I am attaching an article related to the DC error code with some troubleshooting for you. Let me know if it helps!  Click here 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Bill17
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Washer Model# WA422PRHDWR/AA 01

Our washer is only THREE YEARS OLD! There's only 2 adults in our house and it's doing the same thing! The service technician said it needs dampers and some sensor which he needs to order.  I've had washers in the past that worked for years and never needed service!

Needless to say I'm not impressed with this Samsung washer.

user4Ww9mrPELz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i am having the same problem i just recalibrated it hoping it works

user4Ww9mrPELz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the suspension rods seem to have done the trick it should have been recalled and changed at their expense easy to change if you are a little handy took me 30 min pop the top and they readily come out .make sure you lube with sil glide or something similar 

userFjWE0JFKMx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

is this the fix..very disappointed in my Wf42H5000-keeps spinning, tried to recalibrate...never again so mad i wasted so much money on this washer

DrewD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine much like previous person is having exact same issue.. I go to your link and it has been taken down, how can we fix?  I have had nothing but issues and nothing seems to work, help!!!!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have updated this link. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Dmr2852
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I'm beginning to notice a trend with washers that are 3-4 years old. Between here and searching thru out Google. You know you pay $7-$800 for an appliance you expect that you not going to have to spend even more money on it to have it serviced within 5 or so years. But just reading comments on this forum it seems like samsung isn't so much worried about the quality of their products lasting but just trying to add extra bells and whistles to run prices higher. And no I'm not on here just to gripe I'm having the same issue with the washer I bought along about 3 years ago myself, and any and every advise that I've seen has said if it's not level and the calibration is good you need to call someone to service it. How about if we are going to make a product and charge an outrageous price for it we stand behind it for more than just 1 year. If not maybe the company should just stick with making phones and tablets. No pun intended towards moderators and the people giving advise on the forum more intented for your marketing and designers.

Thortok
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000997/

This article is probably the best one for no-spin issues or 'constantly unbalanced' issues. But yeah, if you do all of that and still have an issue, then yeah, the next step is a service visit. It's a shame your model doesn't have calibration mode, as that tends to help fix the issue for other models. And in case you need it, here's the error code chart for the 476/484 models: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002001/

Also, the warranty on the 476/484 models is 1 year parts and labor, but 2 years on control board parts, 3 years on stainless tub part, and 10 years on the washing direct drive motor part.

So if the spin issue you're having is caused by the motor (no way for us to tell, that's up to a service technician to determine, don't mean to get your hopes up), then potentially the most expensive part to replace (the motor) would be covered by warranty. I know that doesn't help as far as labor costs and stuff, and also doesn't help if it's some other part that needs replacing, but at least it's better than a '1 year and then nothing' warranty, right?

Oh, and since it's a top loader, don't forget to check if it's affected by the recall. If it is, and you get the repair service, you get another 1 year extended warranty on it, even for non-recall issues (to my understanding, I could be wrong, feel free to investigate). So sign up for the recall warranty and then be like "okay now that's done, by the way, I want service on this other issue" and there you go.