cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jflem
Constellation

Re: SAMSUNG WASHER SPIN CYCLE NOT DOING ITS JOB

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First time on the forum.  My WF45K6200AW/A2 is having a similar problem and I'm hoping someone from Samsung can contact me with a solution.  I have done all the maintenance in the manuel and recalibrated multiple times.  In all settings it gets stuck in the rinse spin cycle, timer counts down, then goes back up and repeats.  I've even manually put it into spin only and it still repeats the spin cycle multiple times.  It does not show any error codes.  The unit has been upstairs in a drain pan for since Jan 2017 and worked fine until July 2018.  I have also done all the Smart Clean sessions.  I have a Lowe's extended warranty, as the unit is out of Samsung warranty, and had a tech out to look at it earlier this month (Aug 2018).  He said to take it out of the drain pan.  Did this and the problem started again after a few loads.  I'm not sure if this is a bad sensor, motherboard, timer, or another parts issue.  Just looking for some guidence.  I have the warranty to pay for repairs but would like to know where to start as this problem seems to be ongoing and unsolved.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jflem

I definitely understand your concern.  You would need to proceed with service as this issue requires service.  As the unit is under an extended warranty, you would want an authorized technician to perform the service.  Thank you for being a loyal Samsung customer and welcome to the Samsung Community Forum.

Jflem
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you elaborate on what the possible fixes may be?  It doesn't seem like anyone posting here has had success.  I just want the best chance of this being resolved and knowing where to look may help.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would not be able to make that determination.  That will be evaluated and determined by the authorized technician.  You would need to reach out to them for that information.

user5iJ487EjrK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the washer did not cost so much I would find the situation with the DC error code funny.  Sad a representative from Samsung states "I would not be able to make that determination." when hundreds of people are having the same problem.  My next step is a complaint to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, referencing this thread along with a quote from an authorized  Samsung technician of $389.95 to fix the problem.  Find it interesting a company has a known problem for years and will not fix the problem (not that they can't.  They won't).  

I recommend everyone who has had or is having this problem contact the Consumer Product Safety Commission.  With the thrashing that occurs prior to stopping leaves a safety concern to any individual near the washer or your laundry room (in my opinion).

Highlighted
user9MI7qR3oYW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The springs on the suspension rod are shot. Go to this video first to learn how to remove the top and then go to this video to see how to repair the spring by clipping an old radiator hose around it to keep the spring from compressing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25kVSQqNq2Q and then go to this one to see how to easily repair the spring using zip-ties and an old radiator hose. It worked on mine and was a very simple to accomplish.

Samsung washing machine fault code DC New fix is in! Go here https://youtu.be/I4lIdP5J5dk Samsung washing machine error code dc How to fix the dc fault code. You can support my YouTube Channel. Just click the Paypal link and make a donation. Thank you, Harold ...
userCIKfe0KGj1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine done the same thing will go through every cycle but does not spin. They replaced everything in my washer and still didn’t work my washer was only a year an half old at the time. The only things that has not been replaced is the shell the wiring and the computer in it.  They literally replaced motor rotor direct drive assembly tub I mean everything would love to find someone to fix it I have a lg now and I hate it 

labledmajesty
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Number of things,for a washer to not spin out.

Broken door latch (if door doesnt lock)

Bad computer board

Clogged clean out filter (left hand side of front load washer,careful, will dispense a lot of water.

Sensor where the rotor is at sometimes causes it.

Unfortunately Samsungs and Lg washer are manufactured closely the same,also lasting 2-5 years speaking from experience,I have a old school washer and dryer,never looked back.

userW85SmxgP6R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You mean it could be the filter on the bottom right? I'm headed in there right now to clean it out!!!

userkaNjTmG5UU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is only one thing I can say about this piece of crap SAMSUNG washer...I absolutely hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two years old and even when I take out 50% of the clothes and put it on spin only it still fills up with water and now will not even engage in the spin cycle.  I have NEVER been this disappointed in a product!  It was not one of the cheap washers either.  It will wash for three or four hours on the same load.  Why don't they make a bypass fix for this sorry product.  I hate it! Hate it! Hate!  Will NEVER buy another Samsung washer.

Betty Meischen

Texas