Samsung Aquajet Top Loader Washer WA48H7400AW/A2

(Topic created: 07-20-2021 12:51 AM)
Dee Ann
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
  • 526BCFA5-3F5B-4396-997C-C930CB77B283.jpeg

AFE1DE4A-1E4C-4B7E-8DBA-8B28D4963959.jpeg

I have been a Samsung fan for many years. In 2015 I invested in a set of Top Loading washer & dryer. I’ve been dillegent about cleaning and home maintenance. A while back I noticed the washer was rusting around the bleach dispenser then the other dispensers. They were holding excessive softener, I quit adding the detergent or bleach in the dispensers.  I thin noticed my washer balance issues so I just did half loads. Within a couple months time black mold began to appear. So I cleaned the dispensers, the inside of the tub and ran the self cleaning option on my washer 5 times and followed by a rinse and spin. No matter how well I cleaned the inside unit every cycle ended in mold or rust remnants. I wiped them out and was astonished to find even more the next cleaning. I decided it was time to research some cleaning ideas online only to find my washer has a recall for an exploding lid and many others shared the same problems I’m having. So after spending 3 hours cleaning what I could I reviewed my manual and watched videos and carefully removed the drum and was aghast to find so much more mold and so many rusted areas inside making the machine unsafe to run or clean with my asthma issues. Keep in mind I’ve had no leaked whatsoever with the washer. I clean the machine and hose as well as I can on a regular basis. I use bleach to wash maybe 12 times a year. I made an investment and paid well for these appliances and like my others I had expectations they to would last 12 years. Now I have set up a repair for the recall and was advised after that was made to request the rust repair. But I’m not comfortable with the massive rusting I saw inside my unit. And the mold omg I’ve never seen anything like that. I can’t bare to clean the amount of it up after spending 3 hours already. Samsung rep offered me a rebate of $118 if I bought another Samsung. I spent 1,800.00 on the set 5 yrs ago. And I’m so upset. Mind you I love Samsung and would buy another washer from them again if they had made a better rebate amount. I was absolutely willing to let them repair but Im concerned with the mold issues and the extensive rust.  Help with any advice or solutions.  

1 Reply
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

I see that you have tried most of this but give this a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ 

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes