cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6xzdm0356Q
Asteroid

Samsung Dryer DV45K6200ew/A3 Noises

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our dryer has started making a terrible noise last week, I'm assuming it's the drum rollers that so many have mentioned and based an ALL the you tube videos showing how to fix it.

I bought mine in Sept of 2016 from Lowes so it's just out of warranty (perfect timing on Samsung's part) and based on all the responses Samsung hasn't stepped up to correct this. I have no urge to contact Samsung only to be forwarded the warranty policy as has happened to so many others.

This issue seems to happen so often Amazon keeps the rollers in stock and can have them here by tomorrow, how's that for verification of a problem.

So my question is: Has anyone replaced the rollers themselves and if so how difficult was it?

Thanks for your help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user6xzdm0356Q
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Dryer DV45K6200ew/A3 Noises

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Michelle,

They got it all fixed up. It was the belt tension pully. Thank you so much for all your help.

Jim

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

user6xzdm0356Q
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Michelle,

Is there a realistic chance that sending you a pm accomplishes anything? I don't have the urge to gather the info only to get the cookie reply of "sorry, here's our warranty policy" as has happened to so many people already.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We ask you to send a PM to gather more personal information to see how we are able to assist. You cannot post the serial number on the public page it is considered personal information. Please send a private message and I will assist you in any way possible. 

user6xzdm0356Q
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Michelle, thank you for all of your help. I will keep you posted once the tech has looked at it

Thank you again

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not a problem. Please keep me updated. 

user6xzdm0356Q
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Michelle,

They got it all fixed up. It was the belt tension pully. Thank you so much for all your help.

Jim

View solution in original post

userLeham3NiEL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you say belt tension did yours also need an idler pulley?! I have the same machine and I am going through this nightmare. Any help and information will much be appreciated!! 

Thank you! 

userQQsFpaQ6Pg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this model dryer, about a week ago the drum began this loud pitched squeaky noise.  I knew the unit was out of warranty, so I took it apart myself.  I found the idler pulley was locked down, and two rollers would barely turn.  My internet investigation found that this is a known problem that appears to not have a permanent fix.  This is a very expensive dryer to have such cheap parts.  I am a career industrial maintenance employee, it didn't take me long to see this.  If you buy one of these dryers, better learn how to work on them, and be willing to pay about $40 every 2 years.  Good news is that it's not too bad to change them out.  I replaced all 4 wheels and idler in a few hours. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, just checking in to see if you were in need of assistance.