I have a model Dv42H5200EF Samsung Dryer, approximately 7 years old.
The heating element goes out about every 3-18 months, I am on my 7th heating element
I have tried the following:
- Cleaning ductwork, this has never been a problem, the traps are all clear
- Lubricating the wheels, one was stuck at first but I lubricate them all with silicon spray
- Checking the belt and tension, this is fine
- Replacing all sensors and testing sensors with a fluke meter
- Using an OEM heating element (over $100) as well as cheaper models from Amazon ($20)
- In a relatively clean environment, elevated with no dust or lint outside
- Ensuring the drum always turns
- Resetting (unplugging/plugging in)
- Not overloading, no excessive use, about 4-5 loads a week
I am struggling with trying to determine the root cause.
Could this be an issue with the control board or something else?