cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fsugirl24
Constellation

Re: Samsung Dryer and Washer issues with model DV350AEW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with our DV330AEW dryer. The drum is separated/cracked and we were told that nothing could be done because it was out of warranty. The service tech that diagnosed the problem said that it is the most common problem he sees with these models and that Samsung was aware of the issue and has corrected it with the newer models. Our washer hasn't had any issues, but now I feel stuck having to invest another $800 for a new Samsung dryer because we have a stacked unit. I can't believe the poor quality of such an expensive product and Samsung's unwillingness to make it right for those of us who paid for a top of the line appliance that hasn't lasted even four years. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us Fsugirl24. Did you set this service up through us? If so, can you please provide the transaction number to this repair. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

HDean
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here with our DV350AEW/XAA

Talked to customer service twice in last several days and they both said NO record of these kinds of problems in Samsung database and said that they were unable to access the internet.

Had they had access to the internet, they would have quickly seen numerous posts on surrounding this very issue.

There are even YouTube videos on this specific problem.

It is sad that Samsung chooses to wish away this issue by saying it is a customer usage problem when the evidence is that there is a high potential that this is the result of design and/or manufacturing defects. This is obviously a design/manufacturing flaw, as it is coming apart at the seams as so many others with this model have reported (no other damage noted).

Since the company doesn't think there is a problem, how are consumers to have confidence that spending nearly the cost of a new dryer to repair the existing broken dryer will actually solve the problem? Seems very risky, like throwing good money after bad.

It is also unfortunate that Samsung is in this state. In the past we have had high regard for the quality of Samsung's products, and have a number of Samsung products in our home. I think we would have to be very skeptical of any future Samsung purchases from now on if this cannot be resolved by Samsung standing behind their work. It is simply not right for the customer to have to bear the cost of Samsung's problems.

If anyone from Samsung is reading this and would like more information please feel free to contact me at [personal information]. The case number is 5114731440

It is not our desire to have to replace our dryer and feel our only recourse is to share our experience on merchant and consumer sites so other consumers will be forewarned. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi HDean,  There are no accommodations available.  Dude to the dryer being out of warranty, you would need to have the dryer repaired out of warranty.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Radontech
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem of cracked dryer drums is so common to Samsung that a recall or out of warranty repair should be offered.  

Fsugirl24
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung SHOULD but the won't. I am starting to wonder if a class action suit is what's needed to make them do the right thing???????? 

userEGcUcknEs1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a Samsung front loader washer and dryer nov. 2011 and my drum is cracked on the dryer also. I paid about $2000.00 for the set. I have never had or seen a dryer come apart like this and I will never buy another Samsung washer or dryer again. I will stick with my kenmore!

Sdowasher
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have same issue. Dryer dv350aew Cracked drum. We were told that no issues have been reported. This is their website !   Hundreds posted online and many more to amazon. This is just horrible. A slap in the face to consumers. I wonder how many customers complaints about the washers did it take to recall them.   My warranty expired but this is a defective drum and we should be offered something.  Not admitting or owning up to the issue has thrown gasoline on my fire. I can't accept this. I won't accept this. I'm waiting for another call back. If nothing is done,  my next step is federal trade commission. 

userbUbOrbyvn7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why isn't this a class action lawsuit yet?  It is a known issue and unfortunately we too have had our 2nd cracked drum within ONE YEAR!  Both the dryer and washer model DV350AEW have been serviced 3 times each in the last TWO years.  Spoke with Samsung ticket # 1125771128 and the only suggestion was to post feedback on Samsung.com AND send an email to <Hidden>... oh and to purchase yet another extended warranty (our original Lowe's extended warranty expires in May) so we're already confirming that the drum will crack yet again and this time it'll be out of pocket.  Unbelievable.. very disappointed as we have been loyal Samsung customer for all home products for 20+ yrs and this definitely will negatively impact our decision to purchase another Samsung customer if the company CANNOT and DOES NOT stand by their products.

usernkVCFQ67xZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem with the drier drums is definately a manufacturer defect, the weld breaks on the welded seam near the plastic baffle that tumbles the clothes. Very poor engineering, and these parts should last a lifetime. Has ANYONE ever had a drier drum crack in the last 30 years from a different manufactuerer?? The stainless or painted drums in these driers are paper thin. These repairs are something that Samsung should take care off, especially when most all driers sold end up doing the very same thing. Lifetime parts that last 1-3 years. I have taken mine out, and will keep it for any necessary legal action. I am writting the Attorney General in Illinois to see what can be done with this part  failure of such a large number of consumer products. Thousands of angry consumers , we need to band together and get things started!!!  I have lots of Samsung products, including phones, tablets,2 sets of washers and driers, microwaves-never again with this company! Consumers unite!!!