cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXiSIdQYe9J
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Dryer and Washer issues with model DV350AEW

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That's so not ok! Contact an Attorney, they don't charge you anything out of pocket. There is a class-action lawsuit against them regarding the top load washer exploding. I'm sure they'd be very interested in taking on the dryer drum issues as well!!
userlFZ5pW6MlE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same drum cracking problem on DV7500. Samsung you need to address this problem. From the looks of this post this has been a problem for several years and you’re doing nothing to prevent or correct it. There is no way this should be happening with a dryer that costs $1200. Our dryer is barely used and is less then a year and a half old. Terrible product and worse customer relations!!

SamDefective
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also had defective/cracked  when drum out of warranty (only one year warranty). Replacement warranty on new drum is 30 days. Has the defect been corrected? I do not want to repair twice.

userXiSIdQYe9J
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
They need to honor their work and replace your dryer with a new non-defective one!! They know all about this issue, they just don't want to step up and be an honorable company. Do a Google search for consumer products Attorney's. There is a class action lawsuit against them for the top load washer exploding. I'm sure they'd be glad to help!!
userumuo2Xv7SQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the same model and same problem. Anyone know if there is a recall? Sad so many have the same problem and to have paid so much. Hope they will do something. If not we won't be buying anymore Samsung products.  We have quite a few. We've been loyal customers. Hope they are loyal in return. 

flamingmadcust
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I switched to a Whirlpool dryer and it's been running just fine for 2+ years.  I have completely abandoned anything samsung and haven't missed a thing.  I would avoid samsung dryers at all costs unless you have proof they have made the dryer drums thicker and more resistent to cracking.  

userixwniwh2bG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung  dryer dv50f9a8gvp/a2 also has a crack in the drum. The drier is only 3 1/2 years old and we noticed a few rips in our clothes which led us to discover the crack. Also, the “vent sensor” warning has been coming on even though the vents are clean. I am wondering if lint is getting into the crack causing the sensor to go off.

We called Samsung and all they will do is refer us to their crappy service technicians who want to charge $100 just to come look at the problem, and another $300-$400 to replace the drum. I would rather invest that money into a brand new drier from a different company. Will NOT be buying a Samsung drier ever again. 

Not sure why a recall has not  been issued yet seeing this has been a common problem for a few years 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you please send a PM with your full model code and the serial number of the dryer, so that I may look into this for you? http://bit.ly/2UWU6k4

Highlighted
userJ59aNEX3qd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok I replied