cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpQt8bunxer
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Dryer and Washer issues with model DV350AEW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

personally I believe there should be some sort of class action suit against Samsung for their faulty dryer drum issues. 

I've had my dryer for under 2 years and I just recently replaced the drum 3 weeks ago and the drum has cracked once again.  This is unacceptable.  Samsung needs to stand behing their product and make it right for the comsumers.  I'm never buying a Samsung applicance again.

userwfuH8yfMWo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue with Samsung Gas Steam Dryer DV350AG - bad drum weld. I was having the knocking noise for a while and now i noticed the crack at the back of the drum. I contacted Samsung via IM and both representatives stated that Samsung has NO records or complains for this issue - cracked drum in DV350 dryers. Samsung  lies to it's cutomers and hides a well known issue/defect. This is clearly a manifacturing defect and they should issue a recall. 

userTMvA7WXD8q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I own the DV350AEW dryer as well. I have already had it serviced once for another issue now I have noticed my drum is cracked. This is very disappointing.

I contacted Samsung and like everybody else I was told they were not aware of any issues like this. My claim number is 2166685904. Samsung should be doing something about this.

user4kaiBOcW2F
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here, drum is cracked severely with a piece about the size of a hockey puck completely broken free. Sure, the weld is where the failure begins, but the real problem is the pitifully low quality material it's made from which I have no doubt is a cost saving measure. Pretty sure the drums are made from recycled beer cans!

I will NEVER buy another samsung product ever again and this is coming from a family that has owned 10+ samsung phones, numerous tv's, blue ray players, etc... We've been happy with the electronics, very happy, but I simply won't do business with a company that turns it's back on customers when it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS they have a serious design flaw. I will be sure to broadcast this on all forms of social media which I'm very active on as well.

I'm 100% on board with a class action suit if it happens.

userYIQRBXhmNw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll chime in too as a big Samsung purchaser. Very disappointed hearing about this low quality, faulty dryer issue that looks like is forcing me to switch brands. I had an LG before I bought the Samsung...LG blew this Samsung piece of garbage outta the water. Anybody have a recommendation of a different brand dryer?

userCNPAqSTukh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happended to my DV350AEP/XAC 02, the dryer is four years old and the drum has become separated from the back. I called customer service and argued with them for 1 hour to no avail! I will NEVER buy a Samsung product again, a washer should last more than three years for the price I paid!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userCNPAqSTukh:  We can only support US products. Please contact Samsung Support in your region: http://bit.ly/lBD2zm

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNVRC89e10W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's funny you tell someone that you can only "support" US products... Samsung doesn't support anything.

I have your washing machine. It's a piece of junk.

I have your dryer. - It's a piece of junk.

I had your refriderator - It's a piece of junk. Thank GOD we were able to get rid of it under an additional warranty we purchased.

In all I would say I "WAS" a great customer. However, moving forward I will do my best to let people know about my troubles with samsungs appliances. I have already kept 5 families from making the same mistakes I did and buying (trusting in a company) a product that the company would not stand behind. If nothing else, I've at the least kept them from spending what I did to replace your junk. "SUPPORT" that's laughable at best.

JustinWeParty
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. It's only about two years old .

Highlighted
user9CNB0AeiBy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They won't help me either, ticket number 415020324. Join the lawsuit.

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/844395-samsung-class-action-alleges-dry...