Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
flamingmadcust
Asteroid

Samsung Dryer and Washer issues with model DV350AEW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Appliances are suppose to be durable products.  So, when I spend 1700+ dollars on a Samsung washer/dryer, I expect that to be the case.  Unfortunately, I have had several issues with my washer and dryer in 3 years.   I just talked to customer service and they said I am out of warranty and there is nothing more they can do for me.  My dryer currently has a cracked drum and this is the 2nd time this exact problem has occurred and the 1st time it occurred under warranty.   It's disappointing owning an applicance that breaks every year or other year.  My LG appliances have been working for 4+ years with zero issues.  It's time Samsung check their quality issues and design better durable products.

Disappointed Customer

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Dryer and Washer issues with model DV350AEW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userBlz6wKjRI0, Could you send us a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have? Repairs would be recommended.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

99 REPLIES 99
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

flamingmadcust
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My transaction number is 5113914193.  There is just no way a dryer drum should crack every year or every other year.   I be curious to know how many dryer drums Samsung sells per year for this model.  I'm sure it's the number 1 part sold.

flamingmadcust
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have moved on with a Whirlpool dryer and I am done with the samsung dryers.  I would strongly reccomend steering clear of this Samsung model unless they come up with a re-designed drum that will not crack.

userTkCxh36rXs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with the drum and my dryer is also only 3 years old. Customer service was also not helpful at all. I would not recommend Samsung ever.

userrXw06LiEfr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my washer/dryer set in July 2016.  My top-load washer had a recall 6 months after I purchased and now the dryer drum has cracked (Aug 2017).. 1 year...  $2000/set

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrXw06LiEfr:  Could you send a private message with the model and serial number of the dryer?

userzRccVXMA1S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this dryer dv350aew and it broke its drum long back for me in 2015 start . Had bought in June 2012.

Dryer a 1 1/2 crack in the back

How can a metal drum develop a crack unless it's poor quality

They are saying its 2 years out of service and will not replace it.

Till now I was using it with the loud noise And all . We are a family of 3 so it didn't had that much use. Now it's started tearing all of our clothes so I guess will need to change it.

manu

<Hidden>

San Antonio texas

userzRccVXMA1S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here last 1.5 years I patched the break with the heat resistant tape from amazon. Now it has turned into a hole.

2 years back they had refused to do anything about it.

manu

Sa, tx

userNCswYshfYx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. We own a real estate business, flip houses and have a ton of rentals and have always preferred buying Samsung products for them.  Our personal dryer has a huge Crack, really a hole at this point.  If I don't get a resolution I will be switchin brands indefinitely.