Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Dryer has lights on but will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried to wipe the panel down or allow it to dry? Has it shown any error codes on the unit? On the dryer, the unit has a child lock button( icon with a smiley next to a lock)

• If the child lock is on the unit will not allow you to turn the dial or press any buttons  for settings
  • Press and hold the child lock button for 3 seconds until you hear and click and the icons turn off.
  • Once the lock is off you should be able to move the dial and change the settings.

If the dryer powers on, but the drum doesn't rotate

• Run a Time Dry cycle and see if the timer counts down. (For instance, if it starts at 40, if it counts down to 39.) If the timer counts down on a Time Dry cycle and the drum still doesn't rotate, service would be required.  
  • Use the following link to find a list of service centers near that can do the in/out of warranty repair. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung washer will not start after I press start.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've happily had my Samsung washer for over 6 years and has now stopped running. 
Lights turn on and even on time dry, will not count down and automatically shuts off. I press start and the circuit board only clicks. 
Drum does not spin at all. 
Is there a particular part I need to purchase in order for my washer to start?

model-DV405ETPASU/AA

Serial-<HIDDEN>

THANK YOU. 

Highlighted
Constellation

DV56H9000EP/A2-0000 Dryer won’t start just clicks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My dryer just clicks when I click the start button and clicks again once I click the start once again. The child lock isn't on and the drum does not roll simply just a click on and off. I can't find a solution anywhere and have had this problem forever.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DV56H9000EP/A2-0000 Dryer won’t start just clicks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here are a few steps that may be able to resolve your symptoms: 

Make sure the door is latched shut.

Be sure the power cord is plugged into a live electrical outlet.

Make sure that the filter is cleaned out

If the dryer powers on, but the drum doesn't rotate, run a Time Dry cycle and see if the timer counts down. (For instance, if it starts at 40, if it counts down to 39.) If the timer counts down on a Time Dry cycle and the drum still doesn't rotate, service would be required.

Power cycle the unit for about 60 seconds

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location​​​​​​​

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

Electric Dryer Won't Start - DV40J3000EW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

I recently purchase a house that came with a Samsung electric washer and dryer.

The dryer worked fine for the first couple of uses, and now it won't start.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the dryer door

2. Load clothes

3. Close the dryer door

4. Push the power button

Result: Nothing happens. No lights, no beeping, no sound, nothing. 

Troubleshooting:

1. I've unplugged and re-plugged the dryer

2. I've turned the dryer circuit off and on - it was not tripped

3. I pushed the temp and time buttons in at the same time to see if maybe it was on child lock. Nothing happened.

4. I pushed the power and start button at the same time. Now all the lights on the panel are lit, except High, Child Lock, and Filter check. Now when i push Start, the drum will spin (even with the door open) for a fraction of  a second, then stop. See attached picture of control panel.IMG_20200316_113806.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Electric Dryer Won't Start - DV40J3000EW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get any resolve on this issue?  I am having the same problem, except my dryer is only 6 months old!

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just following up because I noticed your issue is not marked as resolved. Do you still need assistance? If you found a resolution please included it so others with similar issue can find the resolution. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are running into the exact same issue our dryer is two years old and we can't afford a new dryer😭 how do I fix it??

Highlighted
Constellation

Dryer DVE50M7450/A3 won't start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The lights turn on, but the drum won't turn.  It seems from the forum posts that this could be a heat sensor issue.  Do those burn out with use, or do they only trip or burn out because of an actual problem?  I inherited this dryer with the house so I don't know its age, but it's at least several years old.  And before I start taking this thing apart and ordering one, is there any other troubleshooting step I can take?