Have you tried to wipe the panel down or allow it to dry? Has it shown any error codes on the unit? On the dryer, the unit has a child lock button( icon with a smiley next to a lock)
If the dryer powers on, but the drum doesn't rotate
I've happily had my Samsung washer for over 6 years and has now stopped running.
Lights turn on and even on time dry, will not count down and automatically shuts off. I press start and the circuit board only clicks.
Drum does not spin at all.
Is there a particular part I need to purchase in order for my washer to start?
My dryer just clicks when I click the start button and clicks again once I click the start once again. The child lock isn't on and the drum does not roll simply just a click on and off. I can't find a solution anywhere and have had this problem forever.
Here are a few steps that may be able to resolve your symptoms:
Make sure the door is latched shut.
Be sure the power cord is plugged into a live electrical outlet.
Make sure that the filter is cleaned out
If the dryer powers on, but the drum doesn't rotate, run a Time Dry cycle and see if the timer counts down. (For instance, if it starts at 40, if it counts down to 39.) If the timer counts down on a Time Dry cycle and the drum still doesn't rotate, service would be required.
Power cycle the unit for about 60 seconds
If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below
I recently purchase a house that came with a Samsung electric washer and dryer.
The dryer worked fine for the first couple of uses, and now it won't start.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the dryer door
2. Load clothes
3. Close the dryer door
4. Push the power button
Result: Nothing happens. No lights, no beeping, no sound, nothing.
1. I've unplugged and re-plugged the dryer
2. I've turned the dryer circuit off and on - it was not tripped
3. I pushed the temp and time buttons in at the same time to see if maybe it was on child lock. Nothing happened.
4. I pushed the power and start button at the same time. Now all the lights on the panel are lit, except High, Child Lock, and Filter check. Now when i push Start, the drum will spin (even with the door open) for a fraction of a second, then stop. See attached picture of control panel.
We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.
Just following up because I noticed your issue is not marked as resolved. Do you still need assistance? If you found a resolution please included it so others with similar issue can find the resolution.
The lights turn on, but the drum won't turn. It seems from the forum posts that this could be a heat sensor issue. Do those burn out with use, or do they only trip or burn out because of an actual problem? I inherited this dryer with the house so I don't know its age, but it's at least several years old. And before I start taking this thing apart and ordering one, is there any other troubleshooting step I can take?