cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZdtJmjdyoO
Constellation

Re: Samsung Dryer has lights on but will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has just done the same thing. Turns on, clicks, but won't do anything else. Tried all the child locks, sound buttons, unplugged it, opened the door mulitple times and nothing makes it work. I bought it 5/30/16. Hopefully it won't be an expensive fix. I messaged someone for help.

Highlighted
user2r6PMzOfPm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours just went out as well. Same issues and same symptoms. I think that we all need to make sure to review these products accordingly because dryers shouldn't be dying after only a couple of years of ownership. We've all been duped. Prospective customers need to be warned. 

userVfZ9Mz7iM3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree!!!

BTW, we bought a house full of Samsung appliances March 30, 2017.  Here's the run down, so far:

* Last week, some plastic part fell out of our refrigerator French door...turns out, the part costs less than $5 online, but it's attached to the door latch up inside the door.  The plastic post on this part sheared off.  Samsung says a user can't fix it; it must be repaired by a pro.  (I don't tend to believe anything Samsung says, at this point, but they might be telling the truth with this one.)

* One of the windings went bad on our dryer motor, which is why I started this thread.

* And...before the 1-year warranty was up on our range/oven, we had Samsung come out, because the beeper for the oven preheat would go off before the oven had reached the set temperature.  I'm talking like 25°-30° F below the preheat temp setting!!!  Turns out the ACCEPTED TOLERANCE is within 35° F of the preheat temp!!!!!!!  And, since ours is within that range, there's nothing wrong with it, according to the Samsung engineers.  The service tech (who happened to be here from another Samsung repair place in another state, because they are so over-run with service requests locally & nationally, that they have a huge group of service techs traveling around the country to help catch everyone up--what does that tell ya?) was really great, open and honest about everything, recommended we buy an infrared thermometer to verify the oven temp!  How sad is that?!  If you do any serious cooking, 35° F will ruin your food...we went through a bunch of ruined frozen pizzas before we figured out what was actually going on.

BTW--none of the settings on the oven will change or fix this problem, so please don't tell me LOL this is well researched.  Thank you for the thought, though.

So, that's our Samsung appliance tale of woe, thus far.  Hubs and I have been huge fans of Samsung for many years...we have phones, laptops, a home theater system and a smart TV, all Samsung.  I couldn't wait to close on our house and finally get all of my brand new appliances...what a let-down!  

userVfZ9Mz7iM3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userwiVBGaQ7iA and usersfk6NyTA2q

Y'all absolutely rock!  Thank you for posting all of this info--I'm saving it for when the idler pulley/bearings go out on our dryer.

FYI for y'all and everyone else...the problem with our dryer turned out to be the motor, not the idler pulley!  One of the windings had gone bad, so the motor didn't have enough power to start the drum turning, but once it was turning it could keep it going.

To help anyone diagnose the motor vs IP, bearings, belt: 

* I could reach in and spin the drum around, shut the door, hit start and the dryer worked fine.  I limped along this way for a couple of weeks. 

* I also realized that whenever I told hubs, "the dryer's not working again," he'd come home, hit start and the drum started turning & all was fine (this led to a little issue between us, namely he thought I was losing my marbles and I thought the thing was haunted!!!!).  Turns out the drum was empty when he messed with it and full of wet clothes when I messed with it.

So...the motors cost $450-ish wholesale, plus labor...and they have to completely dismantle the dryer to change the motor.  Be prepared if this happens to you--luckily, we bought (and now will for sure renew) a home warranty, so this whole fiasco only cost us the $75 trip charge!

We bought an entire house full of Samsung appliances March 30, 2017 (yep, we suck lol), it's just my husband and me, he has work uniforms and I don't work, so we do very little laundry.  The appliance tech said our dryer looks brand new, but I did ask him to check out the idler pulley situation for me.

He said, "oh, that all looks great...right now."

Writing on the wall???  I kid you not.

userECufevCDPq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I keep seeing this issue, we had it start today. But never see any solutions in this whole forum. Anyone get any answers or solutions???

userS4YGfzrzMW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem! Model DV45H7000EW/A2

userztcQfILuks
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. My dryer was working until last night.  My model is DV45K7600EW

userztcQfILuks
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Following up. There is a problem with the belt on a 2 year old dryer! And the warranty is only for 1 year so I will have to paid for the repairs.... My previous dryer was 10 years old and never had and issue. Can't believe so many people are having problems with samsung dryers!
user35wk5awjSq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue, purchased unit September 2016. Unit powers on I hear a click like it is trying to start something but nothing happens. Drum doesn't spin, no blower. I did a timed dry and it the timer counts down.

Model: DV48K7700EW/A2

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user35wk5awjSq, Please send us a private message for further assistance. You can use the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.