cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCm96uzVfln
Constellation

Re: Dryer will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry but none of the numbers I gave you above start with an S/N -- isn't it possible for you to determine the exact type of unit using any or all of the numbers I provided to you above. I can also send you a picture of the labels if that would help? Please let me know, thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! The model number and serial number are located on a label around the door frame of the dryer, and you can send us a private message with that information!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userCm96uzVfln
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The serial number is <hidden> the model number is dv40j3000gw/a2 01.. please advise as to what Samsung will do for this defective dryer... thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have the following information in a private message?

Full Name

Street Address

Email Address

Phone Number

Place of Purchase

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userwFSCBLuSh5
Constellation

Samsung DV45H6300EV will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A few days ago our dryer failed to start a load.  The panel has power and when the start button is pushed we hear a click and then nothing.  The timer on the display counts down like it is running.  

Replaced the thermal fuse and thermistat even though the fuse had continuity when checked with my multimeter and no change.  Drum spins freely and while we had it apart we cleaned the blower fanblade of any lint.  We also verified that the door switch was working as expected as after I pressed start and it was counting down I opened the door and got the dE code as expected.

I am not far out of warranty and this is really putting a sour taste in my mouth for this brand.  My Kenmore Elite units that we replaced with this dryer were well over 16 years old and still running.

Is there anything else troubleshooting wise anyone would recommend?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung DV45H6300EV will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

userwFSCBLuSh5
Constellation

Re: Samsung DV45H6300EV will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed my own problem this afternoon so this can be marked as solved.  I tore the dryer down again and noticed that the drive belt looked really slack.  In reaching in the tensioner pulley was laying flat against the bottom and moved extremely easy.  This pointed me to the tensioner spring.  I was about to order a new one when I stuck my hand in the bottom and found that the spring was intact but had slipped off the tensioner.  I removed the drum which gave better access to the tensioner and reattached the spring.  After reinstalling the drum and threading the belt through the motor and tensioner I put the dryer back together.  Pressed start and walla... the dryer started up as expected.

On a side note I would have been really irritated to pay to have a technician come out just to reattach a spring that had come loose which was what the call center guy that answered my initial phone call seemed to only be willing to do for me.  Which begs the question, how on earth did this spring come loose in the first place??

Highlighted
userkTzJCU9JCO
Constellation

Dryer light & sound is on but will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # DV331AGW/XAA

Serial # <HIDDEN>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer light & sound is on but will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Does the drum spin freely by hand?  

userkTzJCU9JCO
Constellation

Re: Dryer light & sound is on but will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No it does not!