Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer light & sound is on but will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point, we would suggest service.  Would you like us to set that up?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userMFeduou1Yo
Constellation

Dryer lights are on, but won’t start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can someone help me understand why my dryer light turns on, but will not start.  I can hear it clicking, but it won't spin.

I cleaned out the vent, filter, and unplugged the power source and reconnected again, with no luck. There are no indications to why it's not working and there are no error message for me to refer to.

I bought it brand new and it's only been 4 years old.  

My last dryer lasted 15 years with no issues. looks like many people are experiencing similar issues.

can someone help me out with this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dryer lights are on, but won’t start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the drum spin freely if you try to turn it by hand?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userYtTxaHRDjg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. Dryer sings its song when it turns on, then I select the setting, hit start and then it clicks and does nothing.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userYtTxaHRDjg Thank you for reaching out. Are you able to spin the drum by hand? What is the model code?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userYtTxaHRDjg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it does spin by hand. The model is DV52J8700EP/A2

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the child lock icon illuminated on the control panel when you turn the dryer on?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you still needing assistance?  

user5k6SkVcodj
Constellation

Lights go on but dryer will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

DV45H7000EW a/2  Lights go on but dryer won't start.  Checked thermal unit and its okay.  What else could it be?  If moisture control is defective what would be signs?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Lights go on but dryer will not start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there an icon for a lock illuminated on the display panel when you turn it on?