JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Electric Dryer Won't Start HELP ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!!

(Topic created: 10-08-2021 10:31 PM)
Tjjackson1717
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

So I am just going to jump right on in to this so maybe I can get started on my mountain of a laundry pile sometime within the next Millennium. 

I picked up a Samsung DV448AEP/XAA from my cousin's junk yard a few months back. Took it home, plugged it in and after turning it on, it immediately displayed a "Temperature Sensor Error" message on the screen. So we just unhooked it and set it aside on the porch outside because we already had a working dryer. 

Well, we had at that time. It has now went out on us. So I got on Amazon and purchased a set of 4 sensors for the before mentioned dryer. They were the 1.) Thermistor 2.) Thermostat 1 3.) Thermostat 2 Hi-Limit and 4.) Thermostat 4 Thermal Cut-Off. 

Got them in the mail and swapped them out on the dryer and then powered the damned thing back up. Hit the start switch, after seeing that the error message was now gone, and after the build up of excitement hit, it was quickly popped like a bubble when the dryer switched to saying drying with the load name on the screen before I heard a click coming from the PCB and then very, very quickly, so quick you can barely even read what it is saying, the screen flashes "Door is Open!" Message while at the exact same time, the light inside the drum flickers on and back off. It then sums it up with a ding before it brings me right back to the beginning of the problem I have listed. 

I have tested the door switch, all four brand new sensors, the belt safety switch, the wires running to the power control board, the wires running to the secondary board, the light switch and the motor. They all checked out just perfectly fine and **bleep**ing dandy within specs. 

I found out that the relay that was clicking is the motor control relay. I started messing around with different stuff and I took the plug with the two wires that go to the motor relay apart so I had the two wires separate. One is black and one is brown. The black one always reads 120v to it. The brown one is dead until you hit the start button. 

So I plugged only the black wire on to the relay and left the brown one off. I hit start and then the screen goes to counting down time for the cycle it just started but with a catch; the motor isn't doing anything at all. 

Then, to make things even more interesting, if you then touch the brown wire to the post on the other side of the motor relay, it completely shuts down the power to the dryer and you have to press the power button again and start all over. 

I went one step further to start it again, with brown wire off, and then have a friend help me and touch the brown wire to the same black wire already hooked to the relay. 

It would kill the power as well but this time, I heard the motor start to hum but it still wouldn't turn..

I had by this point spent a week trying to figure it out and was at my witts end. I came to the conclusion that the motor relay must have been bad or something and that the board would need replaced. 

I found an almost identical dryer on Facebook marketplace. The guy said that it worked great, but had no heat. Wouldn't cut me a deal to let me come get only the board and wanted same price whether I took the board or the entire dryer. 

.so I brought the entire dryer home and stuck my brand new set of 4 sensors on it. Hooked power up to the dryer, flipped the breaker on in our fuse box and turned it on. Then I hit the start button, excitement building once again, only for it to DO THE EXACT SAME THING THE FIRST DRYER DID!??!?!!?!!!

😤😤😤😤😤

It will read drying, flash a code of "dO" while the light in the drum flickers on and back off, before I hear a click and beep and goes back to the beginning. 

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?!?!

By now, I have come to th conclusion that the issue must be something with the power in our trailer. It is a certainly very old trailer, being a 63 year model, so the wiring is old. It was his grandparents. We moved in to it and he had to run his own 220v wiring for the dryer when we moved in. 

Now, I have checked the wires with a multimeter and each of the outer legs reads 130v each and no voltage is present on the center wire. But there's no way I am going to believe that two separate dryers are doing the absolute same thing just by coincidence. Nope. No way. 

So somebody tell me what to do. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tjjackson1717
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, sorry about not responding for a few days. I have figured out what the problem was. Come to find out, my husband did not have a neutral wire ran from the trailers fuse panel and instead, I had the ground wire hooked up in to the neutral spot on the dryer. I ran a neutral wire and hooked it up and all is fine now. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there, I would suggest purchasing the service manual from our parts department J&J international for the dryer here Manual online or by phone at 1-800-627-4368. Although we do recommend having a technician service the unit, you have already been doing such as mentioned so I believe obtaining the service manual will be your best option at this time.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
Tjjackson1717
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, sorry about not responding for a few days. I have figured out what the problem was. Come to find out, my husband did not have a neutral wire ran from the trailers fuse panel and instead, I had the ground wire hooked up in to the neutral spot on the dryer. I ran a neutral wire and hooked it up and all is fine now. 

View solution in context

0 Likes