Original topic:

Samsung Sensor Dry Model DV220AEW/XAA isn't drying clothes

(Topic created: 07-02-2021 04:44 PM)
userDqxzqACwhz
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My dryer won't dry the clothes.  It seems that only cool air is being pushed through the machine.  I changed the thermal fuse however still not heating up.  I noticed that the cooling light was lit up along side the drying light.  Does this mean its stuck in cooling mode?  

I need help....I need to do laundry :0(

2 Replies
user9qWWoXQKbW
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

i'd sure like an answer to this question too. There should be some easy answer to this. like a certain sensor is bad if the cooling light is stuck on in every mode. I really dont want to have to tear it apart and check each and every component individually. Hopefully someone knows the answer.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I understand this is frustrating for you. The first step to check a no heat issue would be to reset the power breaker to the dryer. If that does not solve the no heat symptom, there are several dozen component and wiring failures that can cause this to happen. Having a service technician check the dryer to determine the exact cause would be highly recommended. If you wish to perform a self repair, the service manual and parts are available from samsungparts.com, or you can find a local service center at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes