Original topic:

Samsung VRT Washer not starting

(Topic created on: 2/14/21 6:56 AM)
userQxMJM2lRCz
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My Samsung washer all of a sudden is not starting after being fine with two earlier loads. I set my desired cycle and press start and nothing happens. I turn it off and it gets stuck with off on the screen. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to clear that, but then get stuck with the same issue. 

Model is wf42h5000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Carole11
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
is there any water left in the bottom of the machine? if so it could be the water pump, or it could be change, etc stuck in the drain hose.
0 Likes
userQxMJM2lRCz
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

No nothing in the bottom. How do you check the drain hose? I cleaned the drain filter. Wondering if it’s something to do with the locking mechanism because it otherwise turns on fine?

0 Likes
userQxMJM2lRCz
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Update - we had a service technician from A & E (company recommended through Samsung) come out today to look at the washer. Apparently the control board on this 2.5 year old washer went. $450 for parts and install, but he won’t have the parts until March. We have decided against paying for a $450 repair on an $800 washer. Clearly the quality of Samsung products is nonexistent. Washers should be lasting longer than 2.5 years. We will now have to buy a new washer, but it will definitely not be a Samsung. Strongly advise AGAINST buying this washer or any other Samsung product for that matter. 

0 Likes