cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mother007
Asteroid

Samsung WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW Multiple Problems with the Washer and Dryer Set!

Top Load Washing Machine WA48H7400AW/A2, Matching Dryer

My washing machine is rusting on the inside.  It will not complete a cycle without giving an error code, 4h I believe.  It will not fill with water fast enough, it will not spin, no matter the amount of items in the load, it just continuously fills and then drains water. Because of this washer and dryer set not functioning as they should, my laundry is constantly backed up. I cannot take on this repair project on my own, I need a repair person to come out but cannot afford one, nor can I afford the parts or I probably would have bought them off Amazon and tried to fix it.  I have already repaired the dryer, after the pulley MELTED.

The error code from the washing machine beeping daily wakes up my daughter from her naps and disrupts what I am doing throughout the day. Same thing at night if I forget to pause the load before sleep, which is a hassle on it's own and I shouldn't have to do that.

I am on disability and cannot afford to just replace such an expensive appliance.  In the past I always told people Samsung was a brand that you could stand by and count on their products to last for years.  

I'm really hopeing someone at Samsung can throw me a life line and fix this dreadful washing machine. Really with so many problems, I firmly believe this washing machine is a true lemon and needs to be replaced.   I try to be as self-sufficiant as possible being a single mother on a fixed income.  This issue with the washing machine has gotten to a point that is affects my daily life and I just cannot take on the expense.

Dryer- The pulley melting did not happen due to any kind of lint overload (since I caught on that the lint trap is not very efficiant I make sure to clean it every time so there is no build up, also cleaning below where the removable screen/trap sits)  I don't know why the pulley melted exactly but I took the dryer apart, vacuumed out debris from the pulley, bought a kit off of Amazon and replaced the pulley, metal arm, screw, spring, and rollers too.  I ended up using the old belt though, since the newer belt off of Amazon smelled so bad even after letting it air outside for days.  

So far, the dryer is working as it should and I haven't had any more issues with it.

Has anyone out there had all of these issues combined?  I've given this washer and dryer set so much of my attention when I want to be spending that time with my daughter.

I don't have time for spellcheck,  I have to go babysit my washing machine20190212_093923.jpg

20190111_171214.jpgSamsung Dryer Melted Pulley

20190113_092519.jpgSamsung Dryer after Removing the melted mess

15580423844421824998625.jpgSamsung Washing Machine Rust Problem

1558042420667-56797394.jpgRust and peeling paint on my Samsung Washing Machine

4 REPLIES 4
Mother007
Asteroid

Re: Samsung WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW Multiple Problems with the Washer and Dryer Set!

I sent a private msg to Samsung and they replied requesting pictures of the rusted washing machine. I've sent the pictures, so hopefully they will help me out and life will go back to normal soon. 

I'll keep you posted.

userrEjl9BfacC
Asteroid

Re: Samsung WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW Multiple Problems with the Washer and Dryer Set!

I agree with the rust issue. The detergent dispenser does not get clean. I take the dispenser out(not an easy task) to soak off any detergent and softener. Rusting has started around the lid area. Thank you for pointing this out. I am dealing with a dryer from Samsung that is over heating !  

Mother007
Asteroid

With the not spinning/filling w water continuously issue/not filling w water at all sometimes, I have to pick my battles with what I put my time into. When it doesn't fill with water I have to manually fill it via 1gallon jugs like I'm living on the prairie bringing water from the well.

Funny fact: Did you know that when you fill this Samsung Washing Machine with water, those dots on the inside of the washer are almost exactly a gallon of water away from each other in measurement? Warning: Does not feel funny whatsoever while figuring that out.

I used to clean out the soap dispenser too but now am afraid if I open and close it too much, I might inadvertently cause some of the rust to fall into my laundry. So, for now my only solution to that is to never open the soap/detergent dispenser. I add it in old-school style, to the top of the load. Besides, that detergent dispenser is in such a bad place! It was annoying and awkward trying to fill it with liquid detergent. Although it does seem clear the placement of the dispenser is one of thier LAST design problems. Safety seems to be their first. Integrity second.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Mother007: Did you respond in the community or to the e-mail?  We aren't seeing your response.  If you could, please get that to us

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.