cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Brown crud all over clothes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung washing machine that works great other than it leaves brown crud all over out clothes. I have done the "self clean" 9 times today. I have used bleach, then did cycle with water, done vinigar then with water. Done oxy clean then with water. Done hot water (almost boiling) then an regular cycle and it still have nasty brown stuff!!! This is really rediculous. Any suggestions??

model - WA50K8600AV/A2

serial - <hidden>

wade A

Highlighted
Asteroid

Front Loader Mold/Residue on Clothes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a front loader that's not quite 3 years old that is leaving residue on clothes and smells like mold/mildew. I've done everything I've seen to do listed here, I see lots of posts with this problem, has anyone gotten a resolution to this problem?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Front Loader Mold/Residue on Clothes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SherryH,

Sorry to hear your washer is giving you problems. Samsung has a little instruction guide on how to treat the mold/mildew smell or if there's any visible mold. If you follow this link here.

It will walk you through a self-cleaning cycle if you haven't done one already. It also states to clean the front pump if you have a front-loading washer.

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've done everything in the guide multiple times, including the front pump, nothing has helped it.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SherryH,

Sorry to give you any advice that may seem superfluous. I suggest you try private messaging @SamsungModerator to look into having a service technician come to your house. They'll be able to inspect the full cause of the mold and recommend cleaning tips as well. I personally suggest wiping down the washer after every use and self-cleaning with bleach occasionally

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, @Zolfur  I've done everything suggested. I've been reading through these forums for quite a while today and it looks like it's a very common problem with these washers. I've seen multiple people have been contacted by Samsung and was just wondering if any of them ever got a resolution.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the troubleshooting steps in the link above did not help then can you shoot me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Washer has brown sludge/cannot use bedding cycle/becomes unbalanced - do I need to cut my losses?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my washing machine MODEL NUMBER: WA48J7770AP/AA for only 2 1/2 years. For the past year we have had substantial problems that I didn't think to investigate until today. Of course, the warranty had expired. Do I need to see if the store I bought it from will take them back and cut my losses?

1) brown sludge build up in hoses, will be on clothes at end of washing a load, and am now worried that this may be causing my son's allergies 

2) I cannot run a bedding or heavy duty load without it becoming unbalanced and it will add water and try to spin multiple times. Now it seems to be happening on my other settings. 

3) water won't consistently enter the machine and I get an error code about not enough water. If I power off and turn back on the washer seem to reset 

4) clothes don't always smell or seem clean when a cycle is done 

thanks for any advice. 
Nicole 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Washer has brown sludge/cannot use bedding cycle/becomes unbalanced - do I need to cut my losses

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Similar issues here. Clothes don't smell clean, brown streaks on clothes, sometimes water doesn't enter machine, or clothes are hardly wet at end of cycle. Worst machine I have ever had.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Washer has brown sludge/cannot use bedding cycle/becomes unbalanced - do I need to cut my losses

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We googled it and the found that it was brown mold/mildew growing under the pulsator. WE cleaned it the best we can and sent pictures to the Samsung Community moderator. They assisted us in getting the problem resolved with Samsung. I am still waiting to make sure that it works before posting my account as fixed.