cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Mold trapped in and under agitator flaking into laundry and making my kid sick!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same issue which presented a little over a year ago. I have done the sterilizing wash and we always leave it open after wash to let it air out. as I have little kids, I assumed when I noticed it that food had snuck in but now I know the truth. How does this get fixed by Samsung? It is clearly a design flaw. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Mold trapped in and under agitator flaking into laundry and making my kid sick!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, have you had a chance to try the troubleshooting in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact issue with the same washing machine!!! Sounds like it is a very common problem. Mine is 4 years old and started contaminating and ruining laundry with mold about 3 months ago. I have performed at least 20 self clean cycles in the past few days alone, with and without bleach. It has gotten worse and worse. In fact, so bad, that I can no longer wash a load of clothes because they get completely ruined! Before the mold became noticeable, I always left the lid open after washing and regularly ran self cleaning cycles. I can't believe what a poorly designed product this is that it would become unusable for this reason in such a short time without anyway to fix or clean it. It's such a health hazard to my family, especially my two young children! Unbelieveable!!! Samsung needs to do something to help remedy this major issue!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us! I know you have tried the SELF CLEAN but humor me and try the following:

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.
Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”
Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.
Press Power to turn on the washer.
Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).
Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.
The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.
When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:
Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/
 Or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message! https://bit.ly/2tWAAvS

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS MORE THSN 20 TIMES IN THE PAST 3 DAYS ALONE!!! IT DOES NOT WORK. The entire bottom of the washer needs to be removed, so the mold can be remediated and compartment cleaned. This is a major design flaw, and it is making my children sick. The self clean cycle with bleach does not work! There are tons of messages on here detailing the same problem!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/
 Or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message! https://bit.ly/2tWAAvS

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue!!  My Samsung is only 2 years old. I have used the self clean regularly. It does not work!!  Looking online, I see this problem has been reported to Samsung for years!! What are they going about it??

Highlighted
Asteroid

Mold in my Top Load Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been seeing residue on my clothes for several months after each wash. It got so bad, I was vacuuming my machine out in between loads. I came on to this discussion board to see if anyone else had this issue and to my disgust, I found out many people have the same problem and the root of the issue is mold build up in the machine. Fast forward, I contacted Samsung Support and there was a recall on my machine (for another reason) and I was able to get a 1-year warranty on the machine (it’s about 5 years old).  The recall was fixed and then the machine was serviced for the mold.  They took the machine apart and recommended that the drum be replaced but Samsung denied the request and suggested I run clean cycles. I've run 100s of clean cycles.  No amount of clean cycles will fix this problem (see pictures for visual - my husband took the machine apart).  I want to know how Samsung can have the audacity to deny the replacement of the drum when they produce a product with a significant design flaw like this. I cannot believe I've been washing my children's clothes in this filth.  When are they going to do something about this???B61D4BCF-0473-4709-8D56-B1F9B04145DB.jpeg

41B8EF73-55C0-4C65-B445-AE87ACB6E195.jpeg

CB352985-F507-40E7-8541-B166168E96F9.jpeg

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Mold in my Top Load Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION
omg
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Mold in my Top Load Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried the following? 

Never run a Self Clean cycle with laundry in the tub because this can damage the washer and the contents of the tub.

1. Run a Spin-only cycle.

Make sure there is not any laundry in the tub, and remove any remaining water in the tub by running a Spin-only cycle.

2. Add chlorine bleach.

Pour liquid chlorine bleach into the detergent compartment and fill it to the max line. Do NOT use the bleach compartment. 

3. Choose a Self Clean cycle.

After pouring the liquid chlorine bleach, start the Self Clean process immediately. Do not leave liquid chlorine bleach in your washer.

Close the washer's lid or door, and press the Power button. Select Self CleanSelf Clean+, or Pure Cycle, and then press the Start/Pause button to start. Self Clean time varies from model to model, but is approximately 1 hour for top load washers and 4 hours for front load washers.

4. Wipe down the tub.

When the Self Clean cycle completes, wipe clean any residue in the tub using paper towels.

5. Run a Rinse+Spin cycle.

Run a Rinse+Spin cycle to remove any remaining residue.

If necessary, continue running additional cycles until there is no more visible mold residue.

6. Allow the washing machine to dry.

Leave the lid or door open to let the washing machine dry. Also leave the detergent drawer open to help it dry as well.

7. Clean the pump filter (front load models only).

Most front loaders have a pump filter on the front, near the bottom, behind a panel.

If the pump filter is not cleaned regularly, it will cause odors. See our guide for cleaning a washer for instructions cleaning the pump filter.

If this does not help then please send me a private message with your full model and serial number?