cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Brown spots on clothing!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Washers-and-Dryers/Why-is-there-dirt-in-the-bottom-in-my-machine...

There's your problem in the baove link. There's probably a pound of sludge in and under your agitator plate. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Disgusting sludge in my washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung:

we've had our top loader a few years. It has this brown suffering that will not go away. And now it is rusting everywhere. What do you intend to do about this. Please contact me immediately.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disgusting sludge in my washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.

Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”

1. Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.
  2. Press Power to turn on the washer.
  3. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).
  4. Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
  5. After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.

Note:

• The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.
  • When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
  • Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:

• Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Top loader washer rusty and chipping rusted/brown residue into clothes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Washer occassionally leaves what looks like specks of dirt after washing and little pieces of what now looks like rust and paint chips off the washer onto our clothes.  It makes a mess when I take it out to put in dryer.  Please help.  Images shows where washer is rusting under lid where lid connects to body of washer.  This could be the culprit.   I tried running empty washer to clean and still has the rust pieces.  After wiping down still have rust pieces.15881949400831896295262397858358.jpg

15881949660783688962686060375871.jpg

20200429_130202.jpg

20200429_130156.jpg

20200429_130213.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Top loader washer rusty and chipping rusted/brown residue into clothes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Have you tried the following:

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles. Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle.

On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.” Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.

Press Power to turn on the washer. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle). Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).

After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry. The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.

When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle. Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle.

If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue. Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution: Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.

If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur. If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Mold lawsuit

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone aware of a lawsuit against Samsung for this mold build up issue? 

The faulty design of the machine is to blame here. For all of us who do consistent self cleans, leave the lid open, don't leave clothes in washer etc. are left with no solution except replace the machine. They call it a "maintenance" issue. The reality is, the machine leaves inches of water in the bottom after the cycle completes. I know this because I took the machine apart and investigate and try to save it. The last moving part in the very bottom, underneath the drum was covered in sludge and mold. That build up is not going to be solved by self clean cycle. Water always sits there. The metal parts were oxidized together. There's no saving the machine. It's not operator error as they would like to classify it and the bigger problem is the health hazard!! Users have been exposed to mold and mildew build up without even realizing it. Samsung what are doing to fix this? Offering refunds to replace the machine? Extending your warranties to cover the damage??

Highlighted
Asteroid

Top loader- mold, dirt

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my Samsung washing machine for a couple of years since my original one purchased in 2015 was replaced due to a recall. I noticed dirt, sand, moldy gunk collecting on the bottom of the machine. I of course ran self-clean cycles many times with bleach. I continued to clean the bottom out after each wash with paper towel. I also took the agitator plate out of the bottom, along with the drum itself and found the most disgusting pile of moldy dirt on the bottom. It's absolutely disgusting. I cleaned everything the best that I could with bleach, paper towels, hose, and a toothbrush of all things to get under the main spinning part that refused to come out. I am currently running a second self-clean after this work. There is still dirt collecting at the bottom after all the cleaning I did. What is Samsung doing to address this common issue with their top loaders? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Dirt and Mold in Washer after thorough manual cleaning!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a ~2 year old WA52J8700AP.  Great washer except it leaves mold build up at the bottom of the washer. I learned this after flakes starting building up after washing. I took it apart to find the outside of the drum and bottom of pulsator filthy and coated with dirt and mold.  Smelled atrocious. Very common problem it seems. 

it is now spotless except the pulsating itself.  The pulsatornis metal with plastic clamped on underneath.  I can see mold in between the two and I believe this is what is causing continued flakes and dirt.  Everything else is spotless.  Is their a warranty or recall in this part?   Is there a way to open it without brute force?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dirt and Mold in Washer after thorough manual cleaning!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that just to confirm have you done the following? 

1. Make sure there is not any laundry in the tub, and remove any remaining water in the tub by running a Spin-only cycle.
  2. Pour liquid chlorine bleach into the detergent compartment and fill it to the max line. (Do not use the bleach compartment.)
  3. Close the lid or door and press the Power button.
  4. Select Self CleanSelf Clean+, or Pure Cycle.
  5. Press the Start/Pause button to start. Self Clean time varies from model to model, but is approximately 1 hour for top load washers and 4 hours for front load washers.
  6. When Self Clean completes, wipe clean any residue in the tub using paper towels.
  7. Run a Rinse+Spin cycle to remove any remaining residue.
  8. Repeat 2 - 7 until there is no more visible mold residue.
  9. Leave the lid or door open to let the washing machine dry.

If none of this helps you can send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms so that I may look into this? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Dirt and Mold in Washer after thorough manual cleaning!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I literally disassembled the washer, scrubbed the drum, pulsator, and tub with bleach and brushes. Do you think I would have done that without running the self clean cycle first?  The self clean cycle does not solve the common problem of built up mold and dirt at the bottom of these machines.  We also already leave the lid open when not it use.

My question wasn't about how to run the self clean cycle.  It was about cleaning the pulsator itself?  Is there a way to open this?  You can see the mold built up underneath the transparent white plastic between it and the metal.