cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Topload Washer Leaving Mold on Clothing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had our washer since 2018 and, from the beginning, there are times when it seems moldy pieces come out of nowhere and stick to my clothing. This problem is becoming more frequent. The amount of water we are using to rewash clothing, self clean, then rinse 3-7 times is unreal. I have done everything Samsung says to do and I'm out of solutions. A washing machine should NOT be doing this. I expect more from Samsung. Our Samsung refrigerator came with it's own set of issues as well (faulty icemaker, which is apparently common), which we paid to have fixed. A small part is broken on the door now and we have been told the whole door will have to be replaced! I will not be purchasing Samsung appliances ever again. This should not be a continuous problem. I washed a load that smells musty and kind of bleachy (I did not use bleach). The drum still smells this way. I'm on my second self clean in 2 days and this is always followed by several more rinse cycles. 

The issues are that 1) I'm exposing my toddler to mold and he is at higher risk of getting sick due to other medical issues, 2) I don't trust my clothes are getting clean, 3) I'm spending too much time rewashing clothing, 4) My water bill is increasing and 5) I feel like it needs to be totally taken apart and cleaned and I should not have to pay for that to happen. If there is enough mold coming into the drum to create bad odors and to stick to my clothing, what does the rest of the machine look like?!

I am incredibly frustrated, disappointed and literally disgusted at the amount of complaints about this issue and nothing is being done. I need a workable solution to this problem. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Topload Washer Leaving Mold on Clothing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us! Have you tried the following:

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles. Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle.

On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.” Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged. Press Power to turn on the washer. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle). Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start). After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry. The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed. When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle. Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue. Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub. Caution: Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle. If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJam  I have done this. After all the rinsing, I still have to clean residue out of the drum with a cloth. This is a constant process. I've never had a washing machine that requires this much work. If I were to take the machine apart, how much mold

would I find that I currently cannot get to?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for clarifying,  Could you send me a private message so that we can continue on to the next step in this process?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

As all the rest, BROWN FLAKES

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Washer model WA45M7050AW/A4, year on it is 11/10/2017 but bought in 2018 from Lowe's, it was my mothers day gift (I know, cheesy but i loved it!) I run the self clean cycle once a month. I have seen the other posts here that claim "solved"... it's all the same so called solution, run the self clean cycle. It does NOT work. I have tried several times, without anything, with bleach, and last time went drastic and tried vinegar. No luck. I am STILL getting brown flakes. It used to be sporadic. Maybe once a month, which started to be my reminder to run the cycle. Then it was twice a month... and now today. I'm writing this because I am at my wits end. It looks like an ENTIRE cardboard box exploded all over the load of clothes I had in and all over the drum! Its everywhere! How does this clean out?!?! Last time I ran the self cleaning cycle I spent an addition half hour straining to wipe out the bottom of the drum because it did not flush the bits all out! I need help! We absolutely can not afford to replace this brand new washer! We should get more than just 2 full years out of it!!! I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with this issue! Please, any other suggested fixes besides "run the self clean" would be wonderful. Can I take anything apart to get to where it needs cleaning or anything?!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: As all the rest, BROWN FLAKES

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of your symptoms? 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Brown Residue- DISGUSTING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please add me to the other 40 pages of unhappy owners of the top load Samsung washers, who have 75297156-B51C-42CF-BF44-EEE08AAEC8EF.jpegexperienced the disgusting brown residue in the washer (WA45K7600AW1A2).  Not knowing about this thread and the many other complaints on the very same issue,  I called Samsung, was assigned a ticket number, and agreed to pay a service charge for a technician to come “fix” my machine.  The first technician was here less than 5 minutes and said I needed a new pump and pump hose, which he had to order. A different technician came the second time and said there was nothing wrong with the pump and pump hose.  He called Samsung’s technician’s hotline and talked to someone who suggested he remove the metal/plastic thingy, which Samsung agreed to replace.  I am waiting for that piece to arrive, but I am not optimistic it will be the solution as my husband removed the old one and cleaned it, but I am still having flakes in my machine.  I am still fishing pieces out with a fishnet (which the technician borrowed while he was here to fishout some gunk!).  I have tried all the cleaning steps recommended by Samsung and my technician. I even tried some recommended by other posters (but not the Coca Cola tip).  I have run over 30 self cleaning cycles.  Has anyone had Samsung resolve the issue?   It is hard to see any response other than the cleaning steps recommended by Samsung and Samsung’s request for posters to send a private message.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Brown Residue- DISGUSTING

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have you tried the self-cleaning cycle (if you have it)?
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

She said she tried it. I'm having the same problem. This needs to be handled better than just a standard response. Show a little integrity and pride in your products and respect for your customers.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, have you attempted the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110749/

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.