cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same problem.  I have put it into pure cycle MANY times.  I drop in bleach every other load.  I normally will wash the clothes, then rinse the clothes.  Somtimes have to wash the clothes in the sink.  AFTER, I need to set on spin.  I set it on spin after EVERY load.  I believe now in just throwing out most of my clothes rather than washing them.  Also, I have the blow up Samsung machine that was supposedly fixed.  All they did was to put a pin in so that it does not blow up in my face.  I too,  will never buy another Samsung product.  

@user3FpxJadqh2 wrote:

My Samsung WA45H7000A washer has been leaving brown residue on our clothes for months.  We have only had this washer for less than three years.  I have cleaned and cleaned the inside of the washer, as well as run the self-cleaning cycle many, many times in the past three years.  Finally, I decided to investigate what is causing the disgusting residue on our clothes.  As soon as I took the bolt cover off of the pulsator, I knew what the problem was.   Just under that cover, there was mold.  I took out the bolt and removed the pulsator and there is mold ALL OVER under it and all the way down to the bottom of the washer which you can not get to to clean.  How disgusting!  I have been washing my kids' clothes in this mold for months and months?!?!  I'm sure Samsung is going to do nothing about this!  There is no way to clean this - I am going to have to get a new washer.  I sure hope my Samsung dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, and microwave last longer than this!  I will never buy Samsung products again!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having this same issue.  I have run the clean cycle many times with and without bleach and the residue at the bottom didn't even go away.  My clothes come out dirtier than when I put them in.  There is brown slimy things stuck to my clothes, and dirt and sand. I can not figure out how to clean any filters that may be clogged there are no filters visible.  I also have not had any luck with trying to find out how to take the bottom cover of the tub off, assuming that is where the filt is coming from?  I am regretting buying the same washer for my second home and hope that I don't start seeing the same issue there.  Very disappointing for the money spent.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this EXACT same problem!! What the heck is this dirt/grit/sand in the bottom of my washer?? I've run so many self-clean cycles. I clean it out by hand, do another load, and it's all right back in there. This is disgusting. What is going on, Samsung?? Why is this an issue??

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue but I was able to remove the agitator on the bottom of the drum. So the issue here is self clean cycle if you never run it, aside from using baking soda and vinegar maybe the Coca Cola guy has some truth to his method. So I noticed the same issue as everyone else and I run the self clean cycle regularly. Also I do vinegar and baking soda and leave the lid open at all times posible. Well that worked well until now. Now fast forward to removing the agitator at the bottom that is made of metal not plastic. So it turns out it's a metal clad design so the underside of the agitator is plastic wrapped in metal and in between all this gunk and bacteria live there. It's stuck you cant put it apart with out bending out the metal part. This is a horrible design flaw and something they should of caught from the beginning. Maybe make the agitator from plastic all together but it won't have the premium feel and look. Well I would be ok if I would of known it was going to be a bacteria filled washer. Or spend a little more and make it a solid piece of metal as well. Bottom line I would expect this from a cheap brand but now Samsung. We have allergies and this will not help. So much for sanitize cycle. This smells like a class action lawsuit. Other solution is to buy this part new every year if your so I love with Samsung. I wish I could upload a pic for the community to see. Samsung make this right.

Astronaut

Brown Flakes in Top Load Washer Model WA45K7600AW/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a samsung top loader washer in 2018, and for the last several months I've been seeing brown flakes on my clothes and the bottom of the washer. I tried using the self-clean cycle more often and making sure that I wiped out the washer before/after every use. It didn't make a difference. The brown flakes actually increased. I finally googled the issue and found that the samsung community has been complaining about this problem for a while. I tried the recommendations for solving the problem - (using the self-clean cycle and bleach, etc.) which was a waste of time; it didn't work. I found a you tube video on how to disassemble the washing machine to clean it out. What I discovered was that the brown gunk was underneath and inside the pulsator and underneath the inner tub drum. There is so much of it! I'm not able to take the pulsator apart, so the gunk remains inside. It's not useable. I'll need a new pulsator. Looks like it will cost about $100. After the first rinse off. It was way worse than this.After the first rinse off. It was way worse than this.After the first rinse offAfter the first rinse offThis is after a first rinse offThis is after a first rinse offGunk inside of the pulsatorGunk inside of the pulsatorAfter the first rinse offAfter the first rinse offLooks clean on outsideLooks clean on outsideSamsung should replace this part free of charge. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung WA45H7000A washer has been leaving brown residue on our clothes for months.  We have only had this washer for less than three years.  I have cleaned and cleaned the inside of the washer, as well as run the self-cleaning cycle many, many times in the past three years.  Finally, I decided to investigate what is causing the disgusting residue on our clothes.  As soon as I took the bolt cover off of the pulsator, I knew what the problem was.   Just under that cover, there was mold.  I took out the bolt and removed the pulsator and there is mold ALL OVER under it and all the way down to the bottom of the washer which you can not get to to clean.  How disgusting!  I have been washing my kids' clothes in this mold for months and months?!?!  I'm sure Samsung is going to do nothing about this!  There is no way to clean this - I am going to have to get a new washer.  I sure hope my Samsung dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, and microwave last longer than this!  I will never buy Samsung products again!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Class action lawsuit.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was a class action suit ever filed? 
Here's my pics

E64E34E9-7988-4A19-A4C0-DDB19BCC1A27.jpeg

B3D86DB4-DB85-4603-9B8A-56BAA72D76DC.jpeg

And I've only had mine for 14 months 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wrote on alot of peoples posts that we need a class action suit and they took most of my posts down. I have exactly the same problems but didn't think to take photos so they won't help me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did this problem with your washer ever get resolved?  Mine is WAS52M8650AV/A4 model.

I just finished runnning 6th wash on the same load of dark clothes. It took that many runs to rid of white residue and lint that clung to the clothes after the first wash. This is not the first time that occurred. I often get white lint or brown grime on my clothes after wash. Yes, I do self clean cycle regularly. That appears the only solution Samsung knows to suggest. That so-called solution is useless. To think of the countless hours and energy I spent on washing and rewashing my clothes is incredibly upsetting! Is there a class action suit yet? I say, it's past time for a legal action.