cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having this problem for the past year or so. Brownish grey flakes. My husband took machine apart twice and the base plate is totally corroded and covered with a film of gunk that ends up on my clothes. Have tried and clean with Affresh multiple times, have tried running bleach through it. Machine is maybe 5 years old. What will Samsung do about it??? Completely unacceptable that I should have to replace already at my own expense. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Top Load washer hidden mold

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My top load washer model: WA400PJHDWR/AA constantly makes my clothing reek of mold and mildew. Even after using bleach, vinegar, and a washer cleaning solution. I took apart the detergent tray and unscrewed the bottom today and it is covered in hidden mold. Is there a recall for these washers? This is dangerous and disgusting. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung Washer Leaving Residue and Holes all over my clothes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Aquajet VRT washer that is approximately 5 years old.  Every time I do laundry I end up with either a white residue, brown flakes and/or little pin holes ripped in my clothes. This has been happening occasionally for a couple of years but now it is happening every time I do laundry and I am sick of it.  I have not liked this washer since the day I bought it but couldn't afford to replace it.  And since it began ruining my clothes, I dread doing my laundry because I know something is going to be ripped or covered with gross residue.  I have cleaned and cleaned, my husband has tried to see if there was a filter that was clogged and found nothing.  I don't know what else to do... I am so tired and upset.  I hate unclean clothes but feel like all my clothes are not fully clean.  I hate this washer and Samsung at this point.  I will never buy any Samsung product again! I need some sort of answer or relief!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with my 6 year old Samsung Top Load washer. I've been dealing with this for years and have finally decided to give up the fight and get a new washer.  Over the years we have done the self clean religiously, tried all of the recommended cleaners, took the unit apart and cleaned the pulsator etc multiple times. I haven't gotten to the point where I am going to take out the tub and try cleaning. I just don't see enough positive reviews on this procedure to feel it's worth the trouble. I am trying the coke today as a last ditch effort.  Anyone have suggestions for a brand that will actually clean my clothes and last for longer than a few years? I gave up on front loaders long ago so am looking for top loaders only. I had high hopes for this Samsung washer and love everything about it except the brown sludge. I would be willing to try Samsung again if I knew this problem had been solved in the newer washers but I don't have faith that it has.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I to am having the same issue. I use the clean cycle once a week and add vinegar, clean out the tub after the cycle and still I have this Disgusting brown sludge that covers my clothes. I currently as I am writing this cleaning again with a cup of bleach! I am so irritated that I spent hundreds of dollars on a washing machine and dryer to have this happen with no real fix! I too will NEVER buy another one and will not allow any friends or family without them knowing the true hard facts of this issue! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took my washer apart yesterday to try to fix the smell.  The washer never fully drains, inviting the mold growth.   No amount of cleaning cycles can clean the mold from all over the drum and tub, or between the metal and plastic of the pulsator.  

Even after powerwashing the steel drum and scrubbing down the plastic tub, there is still mold on the laundry because the pulsator is a mold sandwich between the steel top and the plastic bottom.  I can't clean this out, and would buy a 1 piece plastic pulsator if I could find one that fit.  

Btw, it's laughable that Samsung labels this problem solved.  Steel drum covered with moldSteel drum covered with moldplastic tub caked in moldplastic tub caked in mold

Highlighted
Astronaut

Brown Streaks on My Clothes from the Washer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does not happen every time I wash light colored clothes, but when it does, the brown streaks ruin them (especially when I can't bleach the stains out).  Is there anything that can be done to prevent this? The attached photos are my white terry bath robe.  Definitely not rust.  Sludge?  Does the Self Clean cycle help?  20200905_110436.jpg20200905_110444.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

Brown specks on clothes. Mold smell.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I run the self clean cycle on my top loader once per week. I wipe down the drum. I still find brown specs all over my clothes as I pull them out of the washer. Sometimes when it's running, I smell mildew/mold. My washer is less than 5 years old and I'm annoyed that I'm having to deal with this. I've tried using vinegar and bleach on different occasions to clean it. Nothing seems to help. This is my second Samsung washer and I'm tempted to purchase a different brand next time due to issues with them. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having this problem for months and have tried the same things to get it cleaned out. We have been so disappointed! All of our clothes have the same nasty residue. We have tried to clean it out with bleach, vinegar, etc. The self-clean option seemed to make it even worse. We are so disappointed with this Samsung product and it will probably influence our appliance purchases in the future.

Highlighted
Constellation

MOLD in my top load washer hurting my newborn baby

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung top load washer WA50F9A6DSW/A2

This is the worst made product ever, and Samsung is only offering me $122 rebate for it. 

The first issue that the recall is for is the fact that it is unstable and can rock back and forth to an unsafe amount when it has bulky loads.

The REAL problem is the fact that no matter how much bleach, or vinegar that we put in it, it is overrun with black mold in the bottom. I see dozens of similar posts and class action lawsuits about this and nothing is getting done. It finally connect! Our 6 month old baby has had skin issues (the the extent of scratching herself to the point of bleeding) for the last 6 months and doctors can't explain it, and now I know it is the MOLD that her clothes are washed in every day.  This is a HEALTH issue and if I don't get help ASAP, you are looking at a lawsuit. Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture3.PNGIMG_2130.PNG