cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user3FpxJadqh2
Asteroid

Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung WA45H7000A washer has been leaving brown residue on our clothes for months.  We have only had this washer for less than three years.  I have cleaned and cleaned the inside of the washer, as well as run the self-cleaning cycle many, many times in the past three years.  Finally, I decided to investigate what is causing the disgusting residue on our clothes.  As soon as I took the bolt cover off of the pulsator, I knew what the problem was.   Just under that cover, there was mold.  I took out the bolt and removed the pulsator and there is mold ALL OVER under it and all the way down to the bottom of the washer which you can not get to to clean.  How disgusting!  I have been washing my kids' clothes in this mold for months and months?!?!  I'm sure Samsung is going to do nothing about this!  There is no way to clean this - I am going to have to get a new washer.  I sure hope my Samsung dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, and microwave last longer than this!  I will never buy Samsung products again!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone,

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.

Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”

1. Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.
  2. Press Power to turn on the washer.
  3. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).
  4. Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
  5. After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.

Note:

• The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.
  • When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
  • Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:

• Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message!

176 REPLIES 176
userMC9J42Xg4O
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a WA50K8600AV for the last 1 year and 9 months. We have run clean cycles today alone about 6 times to try and get it to clean out and we ran some with ~ 6 cups of vinegar to try to get it to clean. I ran a load of laundry after, and then I ran it again. The micro-fiber clothes were covered in the brown and white sludgy residue. I ran the clean cycle again, I tried stopping while it was in the wash cycle and tried filtering with a fine screen to remove as much of the floating debris as possible. We use soft water, no sand in the line, and I am at the end of my rope with this machine. Never again will I buy Samsung washers. 

userbGgSQEqp6P
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just wondering... did anyone follow up with Samsung to find out how to fix this?

userP3GpczoagS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2 and a half year old washing machine WA48J7700AW.

I had noticed brown residue in the bottom of the machine on occassion since I bought it but always chalked it up to something on the kids clothes or other dirt/lint. We routinely selected the self clean feature and would wipe out the machine at the end of these cycles. 

Last week I noticed the issue more and more. So I ran the self clean cycle more and more. Over 20 times. Tried vinegar, cleaning agent, pool skimmer (on all occassions) which I stop the cycle midway and fish out the residue. Just found this forum and am horrified at what the issue is and the lack of a solution. 

I had dealt with support (told me I'm outside of warranty) already when our washing bin broke off mid cycle and the top glass frame broke so that we have to push down on it to get the machine to lock and run. I own several Samsung products but have never been more disappointed with any kind of appliance or similar item in my life.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP3GpczoagS: Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional info?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP3GpczoagS: Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional info?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userlCluhlMEKD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We sent several private messages and spoke to someone who knew nothing about this issue. We went to Home Depot where we purchased the machine and showed them pictures of the machine after being torn apart. They were disqusted too. They are giving us our money back for the washing machine and the matching dryer.  Never again will we buy another Samsung product!!

usermV6EhJbpjN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

im having the same problem with my washing machine. We’ve had the washer under 2 years.  We have a two toddlers and one is asthmatic.  If this mold build up causing the problem.  This could be a real problem for us so it is imperative we  get to the bottom of this. Has anyone confirmed the problem or has found a solution? We had a tech out recently bc we had rust and corrosion in he area of the dispenser around top layer. We thought it was pieces of rust.  The part was replaced but the problem wasn’t rust. Thank you for any help.

userzf6iOe0dSN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having the same problems with our washing machine and have for a few years. We just hit back from a vacation and I ran the self clean cycle 4 times in a row before we left thinking it would be “clean” when we got home. Little did I know it will never be clean apparently. Ran one wash and the brown sludge everywhere. And I have now run 3 self clean cycles wiping the tube out each time.  I don’t understand why there has not been a recall as this does. It sound like an isolated incident.

Model: WA50K8600AW/AA

serial NO: <hidden>

Please advise Samsung, this is very disturbing.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?