cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraDykT41J2D
Constellation

Re: Samsung Washer - Brown Residue - DISGUSTING!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a model #WA45N7050AW washer and I'm getting brown specks of mold all over our clothes. My wife runs a daycare and the washer is only 1 1/2 years old. I've run the bleach self cleaning cycle a couple times and has yet to completely fix the problem. In need of answers due to a very unpleased customer.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand your concern. Can you provide the serial number for the unit as well? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useraDykT41J2D
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # WA45M7050AW/A4

SERIAL # <HIDDEN>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not going to lie, I was so confused at first when I saw your post as this section is for the Galaxy S9 phone. lol

In any case, I'd hope a Samsung washing machine wouldn't do this to you. I hope you get this resolved ASAP!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useraDykT41J2D, be sure to send us this information to our private message by using the link.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone,

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.

Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”

1. Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.
  2. Press Power to turn on the washer.
  3. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).
  4. Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
  5. After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.

Note:

• The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.
  • When noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
  • Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:

• Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message!

usercLVpXxipum
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased a Model: WF45K6500AV/A2 and its matching dryer right after closing on our house on March 8th 2017. The washer only cleaned our clothes the first few washed. Around July I realized something was wrong. Our kitchen towels smelled like sewage. Soon after it was my jeans, a couple of my pjs. I blamed it on different things. Then I have noticed my baby’s clothes didn’t smell like fresh laundry. The very last red flag was my baby’s clothes started smelling like sewage. My baby never smelled. I called Samsung customer service many times. I have been treated very poorly. I am 40 years old, I have done a few loads in my life, but I have never ever had this issue. They were giving me the silliest advice all opposite to the Samsung user manual. They send a technician. He hooked up his pc to the washer and said there were no errors so everything was fine. I called customer service again telling them that the technician didn’t try to find the cause of the smell, but just looked for errors. The washer is so high tech, it will tell you if it has any errors. He stated on the report I needed to run a self clean cycle twice a month with at least two cups of vinegar. The user manual states one self clean every 40 loads and under caution it states no chemicals, no clothes, nothing whatsoever. He also told me I had to use the prewash and extra rinse every time, the hottest water possible and loading the drum half way. According to customer service the case was closed as they already sent a technician and my clothes were probably extremely filthy to start with. I seriously tried everything with that washer, I read the whole user manual, it was professionally installed by JCPenney, we always kept the door open, used the right amount of HE soap and used the proper program. We were desperate and we tried to figure out where the smell was coming from. I placed my head inside the washer drum and it smelled like an old moldy basement. We ran another self clean cycle and another two after that. We never added anything during this cycle as recommended by Samsung user manual. Nothing worked. I called customer service again and a super nice lady understood there was something going on. She sent another technician over and he just explained me that all new washers are like this because of new regulations. He found out I had mold again and he placed and recommended to use Tide washer cleaner to kill the mold and clean the washer properly. He also explained me that the heavy duty cycle was the only real deal. Many ladies shirts and pants can’t be wash in a harsh cycle. I tried that too, but just trashed a few clothes. Right after the Tide cleaner, I ran a couple of loads but nothing got washed. The washer doesn’t clean clothes in a very long time now and produces mold after hours of using it. It just makes a mix of our scents, wasting energy, water, soap, time. What a disappointment!

I just got a call from Samsung for a survey. After that she transferred me to a customer service representative. The one who answered the phone fit right in. Didn’t listen a word of what I said. The washer isn’t not washing and if you do not use it for a few days, it will grow mold. The door is open and dried right after the load is done and so the rim and the soap drawer! He said I need to call him back if I am experiencing the same issue! I just told you I am!!! Wow!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it draining properly? 

usercLVpXxipum
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had two Samsung technicians coming. They both said it’s draining properly